1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

dang ,i did it again

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by scottyboy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. scottyboy

scottyboy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2011
    mercer county,OHIO
    my new to me 14mm panasonic lens came today ,looks ,feels like a nice lens.shot a couple pics.no problems .sat down, turned on e-bay and dang if someone hadn't put a olympus 9 - 18 mm micro 4/3 lens on .buy now, mint condition ,used a few times, 515.00 shipped,had make offer also but 3 offers were already made and 1 was pending so i jumped it with buy now.been wanting since i have seen some great wide pics.on this site,but didn't see much under 600.00.thought about the samyang fisheye for the price 300.00 but at 500.00 i went for the oly.shame on me !!! but can't wait to try it.

2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Both are nice lenses....the 14 in particular I think is an unsung hero.
    I also have the 9-18 and I also think its a very solid performer....just a word of caution, my early impressions are that it is prone to flare and may not be as sharp and contrasty as the Panasonic 7-14 and your images will benefit greatly with the use of a lens hood. I shot quite a few in the beginning without the hood....but noticed a nice general improvement in contrast with a hood on.

Enjoy your new purchases.

3. scottyboy

scottyboy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2011
    mercer county,OHIO
    thanks for the advice,i always get good advice here, will get a hood ,i'm with you on the panny 7 -14 but the cost is more than an amature like me wants to fork out .