Dancing Bear B&W

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Boston Chris, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Boston Chris

Boston Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2011
    Belmont, MA
    5479345109_81cb32f004_b.
    Dancing Bear by HD SHOOT, on Flickr

My dad got this Dancing Bear marble sculpture that was made by an Eskimo up in Quebec, Canada.

I thought it was the perfect subject for B&W.

After looking closer I realize you can somewhat see the my reflection in the sculpture!

• Like Like x 4
  2. nursenicole

nursenicole Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2011
    boston
    Boston Chris, great shot! i wonder if that's from the gallery in the old part of the city? I was up there this past summer and found a tiny gallery full of Native/Eskimo art similar to this. Really beautiful piece of art, and you captured the personality perfectly :biggrin:

also, greetings from near Boston as well! i just joined here a few days ago and there seem to be a lot of us in the Boston area.

3. Boston Chris

Boston Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2011
    Belmont, MA
    Thanks for your kind words! This statue is no more then a foot tall, and yes it might be from that same place you visited!
    I was really surprised to hear what my parents paid for this art... i think the sculpure was purchased for like a $1000! My dad loves polar bears...LOL

Perhaps us Boston / MA folk can organize an official Mu-43 meetup sometime this summer when it warms up!

I'm actually looking to attend some photo / video meet groups through meetup.com

I think it would be very cool to have a group of photographers from different skill levels all filming together, and sharing insights. This could help people take their photos to the next level!

4. nursenicole

nursenicole Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2011
    boston

I wish I could remember the name of the place~ but a figurine for $1000 sounds like what I remember seeing there, that's why we didn't come home with any :wink:

If any meetups are arranged, I'd definitely be interested - my work schedule is kind of obnoxious (I work nights) but anything is possible.