1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dancing Bear B&W

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Boston Chris, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Boston Chris

Boston Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2011
    Belmont, MA
    5479345109_81cb32f004_b.
    Dancing Bear by HD SHOOT, on Flickr

My dad got this Dancing Bear marble sculpture that was made by an Eskimo up in Quebec, Canada.

I thought it was the perfect subject for B&W.

After looking closer I realize you can somewhat see the my reflection in the sculpture!

• Like Like x 4
  2. nursenicole

nursenicole Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2011
    boston
    Boston Chris, great shot! i wonder if that's from the gallery in the old part of the city? I was up there this past summer and found a tiny gallery full of Native/Eskimo art similar to this. Really beautiful piece of art, and you captured the personality perfectly :biggrin:

also, greetings from near Boston as well! i just joined here a few days ago and there seem to be a lot of us in the Boston area.

3. Boston Chris

Boston Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2011
    Belmont, MA
    Thanks for your kind words! This statue is no more then a foot tall, and yes it might be from that same place you visited!
    I was really surprised to hear what my parents paid for this art... i think the sculpure was purchased for like a $1000! My dad loves polar bears...LOL

Perhaps us Boston / MA folk can organize an official Mu-43 meetup sometime this summer when it warms up!

I'm actually looking to attend some photo / video meet groups through meetup.com

I think it would be very cool to have a group of photographers from different skill levels all filming together, and sharing insights. This could help people take their photos to the next level!

4. nursenicole

nursenicole Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2011
    boston

I wish I could remember the name of the place~ but a figurine for $1000 sounds like what I remember seeing there, that's why we didn't come home with any :wink:

If any meetups are arranged, I'd definitely be interested - my work schedule is kind of obnoxious (I work nights) but anything is possible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.