Damaged package handeling

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by zulfur666, Feb 20, 2015.

1. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Dear B&H,
    I received today my silver E-M1 and when the UPS guy came, I saw the outside of the box was damaged (sort of something dropped on it and a hole in the box) I opened it in front of the driver to ensure everything is fine. Inside the Olympus box was slighly damaged (seemed to match up where the hole was) I took off the outside carton and inside the contents are fine.
    The camera is fine too, works perfectly. But I am still a bit concerned if the camera might gotten a "hit" when the package was either dropped or something else hit the package and it might effect long term longevity of the camera? Perhaps later it will "act up"?
    I pm you with the Order number, a photo is below. But this is the second time I receive a package through UPS from you and its damaged. First time the driver dropped it in front of me. Can you not mark the packages with "Handle with care" "Glass" ? Whats your advice (send it back or keep it? However I already updated the firmware from 2.0 to 2.2 and took a few test photos and removed the LCD protector foil)Thank you, see the photo below:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    With the new site software, B&H is not setup for notifications with new posts in this forum. I will fix that soon, but there will be a delay before he sees this.

3. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Thank you for letting me know. I also pm'ed Chuck given him my Order number as I don't want to post it in public.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.