1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Damaged package handeling

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by zulfur666, Feb 20, 2015.

1. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Dear B&H,
    I received today my silver E-M1 and when the UPS guy came, I saw the outside of the box was damaged (sort of something dropped on it and a hole in the box) I opened it in front of the driver to ensure everything is fine. Inside the Olympus box was slighly damaged (seemed to match up where the hole was) I took off the outside carton and inside the contents are fine.
    The camera is fine too, works perfectly. But I am still a bit concerned if the camera might gotten a "hit" when the package was either dropped or something else hit the package and it might effect long term longevity of the camera? Perhaps later it will "act up"?
    I pm you with the Order number, a photo is below. But this is the second time I receive a package through UPS from you and its damaged. First time the driver dropped it in front of me. Can you not mark the packages with "Handle with care" "Glass" ? Whats your advice (send it back or keep it? However I already updated the firmware from 2.0 to 2.2 and took a few test photos and removed the LCD protector foil)Thank you, see the photo below:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    With the new site software, B&H is not setup for notifications with new posts in this forum. I will fix that soon, but there will be a delay before he sees this.

3. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Thank you for letting me know. I also pm'ed Chuck given him my Order number as I don't want to post it in public.