damage code 8903

soundsun

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Phil
Does anyone know what damage code 8903 is? I was checking how many shutter actuation my E-P5 had and also noted the damage code 8903.

I contacted Olympus and they wrote back saying that I should sent it in to be evaluated. That's fine but they want $131.70. I'd rather know what the damage code means and decided for myself if I want it repaired or if it's a minor problem, just live with it.

HarryS

Mu-43 All-Pro
Press OK and see if it clears. I had some error codes on my EM5 that .disappeared that way, and never came back.

soundsun

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Phil
Thanks! I just cleared it; I'll see if it comes back. You may have saved me some $$$.

eteless

Mu-43 All-Pro
8903 was a shutter error in the past, if you have a manual flash do a few exposures at 1/500th or so to cause banding and make sure the shutter is reasonably straight, if there's a problem with it one side might lag behind the other. Past that I can't think of much that would test it.

soundsun

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Phil
8903 was a shutter error in the past, if you have a manual flash do a few exposures at 1/500th or so to cause banding and make sure the shutter is reasonably straight, if there's a problem with it one side might lag behind the other. Past that I can't think of much that would test it.

Thanks for the information! I'll give that a try.

Latest threads

Top Bottom