Dallas / Fort Worth camera stores

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by CharlieL, Nov 4, 2014.

1. CharlieL

CharlieL Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 2, 2014
    Burkburnett Tx USA
    I am going to be visiting the Dallas / Fort Worth Texas area soon. I was wondering if anybody knew of a brick and mortar store that has a good selection of micro four thirds products on hand.
  2. dpaultx

dpaultx Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2014
    North TX
    I've not been there in a long while, but you might try Arlington Camera on Randol Mill Rd in Arlington. They have, for many years, been the preeminent photo shop in the entire Metro-plex area and their website, at least, shows a pretty decent selection of both Oly and Panasonic M4/3 bodies and lenses.

You could also try Fry's Electronics on Executive Drive (off LBJ freeway) in Dallas, who carries lots of Cannikon gear, but whose website shows nearly zero Olympus gear.

Olympus has never been easy to find in the in the southwestern U.S. Even back in the film days, it was nearly impossible to find new Olympus products on the shelf of any local regional camera stores. If you wanted an OM-2S or an OM-4Ti, you pretty much had to order one, sight unseen, from 47th Street Photo in NYC.

I guess Olympus just never has seen fit to do much in the way of marketing down this way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LensWork

LensWork New to Mu-43

Jun 9, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    I will second the recommendation of Arlington Camera.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    I've been gone from Texas for about a year and a half, but when I lived in Dallas, Arlington camera was pretty much it. Kind of shocking really. One of the 5 biggest metropolitan areas in the US and thats it.
    • Like Like x 1