Daisy Chain Adapters

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Nepherim, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    I have an em-5, and an MMF-3. I also have a bunch of OM lenses, with [OM-4/3] adapters. Is it possible to mount the MMF3->[OM-4/3]->OM Lens onto the em-5?

When I try it, the EVF view and focusing is really nice and clear. But... the shutter just won't fire.

2. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Looks like the first OM-4/3 adapter was a bit flaky -- one of those focus confirmation ones. Just tried a normal adapter, and the shutter does fire. I don't get the auto-magnify view though, despite that being set On.

Anyone else have any experience here?
  3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Unless all adapters have electric contacts, the camera won't know to magnify since it has no feedback that you are turning the focus ring. This unassuming that your description of normal adapter is one of the chinese knock offs without contacts.
  4. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    The 'normal' one is without electrical contacts, so your point makes sense, thanks. I'm really amazed at how easy it is to focus the manual lens - the evf is surprisingly much easier to use than the e3 was.
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    I'm surprised that using more than one adapter doesn't move the lens too far from the sensor throwing off focus or making it near impossible. :confused:
  6. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Well, the MMF adaptor sets the flange distance equal to a four-thirds camera, and the OM adapter was designed to mount on a four thirds camera. So IF both adapters are made with adequate precision, the flange distance should be just right.