Cygnus revisited

Discussion in 'Astrophotography' started by georgian82, Oct 23, 2015.

1. georgian82

georgian82 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 17, 2014
    Hi all,

I have been working on learning how to process my pictures in Pixinsight for a couple of weeks now and this is the first image that I feel I have been able to process successfully. Even though it is an expensive software and has a big learning curve, I personally feel that it is worth every penny as the quality of my pictures have increased dramatically since I started using it.

This was taken with a modified EPM2 with a 25mm 1.8 at f/4 at ISO 800 and with a Hoya red enhancer. It consists of 10 x 3.5min light frames, with bias, darks and flats added to the equation.

Cheers! Cygnus lrg1.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2014
    very nice. i have an epm1, im wondering if it would be up to task for night and astrophotography.

3. georgian82

georgian82 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 17, 2014
    Thanks! I used to have the epm1 and I don't think is as capable for night photography as the epm2. That being said, I am sure you could get decent results if you stack multiple images and do dark frame subtraction to deal with noise. All of that being said, I wouldn't personally waste my time with the emp1 since they are so many other cheap alternatives out there that can perform much better (I got my emp2 new for $180 on amazon). Modifying the camera will also help if you are interested in nebulae, otherwise it won't pick it up.

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.