1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Cyber Monday got the best of me...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Village Idiot, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    ...and I ended up finally pulling the trigger on a m43 camera. I ordered an Olympus E-P3 and overnight shipping was only $9 more, so it'll be at my house and ready for use tomorrow.

I've been peering at them periodically over the past year and almost bought a Sony Nex5, but the lack of a hot shoe killed the idea and although the Nex7 looks cool, 24MP and a $1,200 price tag, I do not need. What really pushed me over the edge was a combination of a new motorcycle and writing reviews for TopThisPlace.com, a food and travel site. Both things kind of happened at once and right now, a 5D MKII with three lenses in a Crumpler 5MDH takes up the entire space in either saddle bag or seat bag I have for the bike and has made traveling with camera a test of my packing skills. That, and being able to go into a restaurant without a huge camera bag and pulling out a massive FF DSLR and lens combo to shoot food while trying to remain somewhat inconspicuous is what did it.

I'm already browsing e-bay for some legacy lenses and seeing what all I can buy myself for Christmas. I can't wait to be able to start testing out the camera and for the first time I stroll up to a portrait shoot with a full kit of Speedotron lights and a tiny little E-P3. Should be fun to see the look on the models faces. :biggrin:

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Dude, good purchase. There was a crazy deal through newegg today. A GF3 kit with two lenses for $250 at the Egg through the Google subsidy.