Cyber Monday got the best of me...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Village Idiot, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    ...and I ended up finally pulling the trigger on a m43 camera. I ordered an Olympus E-P3 and overnight shipping was only $9 more, so it'll be at my house and ready for use tomorrow.

I've been peering at them periodically over the past year and almost bought a Sony Nex5, but the lack of a hot shoe killed the idea and although the Nex7 looks cool, 24MP and a $1,200 price tag, I do not need. What really pushed me over the edge was a combination of a new motorcycle and writing reviews for, a food and travel site. Both things kind of happened at once and right now, a 5D MKII with three lenses in a Crumpler 5MDH takes up the entire space in either saddle bag or seat bag I have for the bike and has made traveling with camera a test of my packing skills. That, and being able to go into a restaurant without a huge camera bag and pulling out a massive FF DSLR and lens combo to shoot food while trying to remain somewhat inconspicuous is what did it.

I'm already browsing e-bay for some legacy lenses and seeing what all I can buy myself for Christmas. I can't wait to be able to start testing out the camera and for the first time I stroll up to a portrait shoot with a full kit of Speedotron lights and a tiny little E-P3. Should be fun to see the look on the models faces. :biggrin:
  2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Dude, good purchase. There was a crazy deal through newegg today. A GF3 kit with two lenses for $250 at the Egg through the Google subsidy.