CV 90mm Apo Lanthar

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by michaelfinch, Mar 14, 2011.

1. michaelfinch

michaelfinch Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2010
    Lancashire, England
    Hi all. A few snaps from my G1/CV 90mm Apo Lanthar with a Rainbow adapter. They are straight from the camera with no processing at all (aside from resizing for this forum). I haven't tried it in more challenging light yet but in good light like this I think it is a very good performer indeed.
    The pix are of Glasson Dock, a small working port on the Lune estuary in NW England.
    Any more e.gs of CV 90mm out there?
    Cheers
    Michael

Attached Files:

2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Michael,
    You've got the one slower Voigtlander series lens that I haven't got, looks good, hope you enjoy it.

Barrie

3. michaelfinch

Sep 24, 2010
    Lancashire, England
    Barrie, I'm enjoying this lens very much. I leave the 20mm f1.7 on the GF1 but increasingly I use the G1. And you know what? I'm using legacy lenses almost exclusively. It's not often that I go out with nothing in mind photographically, so I've a good idea of the focal length I'll need. I've not used the 14-45mm kit lens much at all recently. Not that it isn't a good lens; it is. But I enjoy a single focal length.
    The 14-45mm is v.useful when I want the wider FoV and I use it if I'm doing pix for publication, as often as not using flash. It's quick and delivers quality and auto-focus has its place. I don't revel in spending hours looking through hundreds of pix on-screen, making corrections; it's more efficient in that way.
    I believe that we've reached a point in MFT where the format can stand up against much bulkier cameras with slightly larger sensors for most applications. It can't match full-frame and full frame can't match medium format and medium format can't match LF with movements...................
    Not absolutely true but when you factor in the exponential cost increase as sensor sizes increase, MFT makes a lot of sense. And the GF1 fits in the pocket.
    Cheers
    Michael

• Like Like x 1
  4. michaelfinch

Sep 24, 2010
    Lancashire, England