Cuteness overload, Wilderness edition

protapic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Enjoyed walking around the Holden Arboretum yesterday (just outside Cleveland, OH) for another socially distanced winter walk, and noticed this fellow climbing up a tree. I was near top of ridge, and the tree a bit below. Fortunately it stopped about eye level and by talking to it, it stopped at my height, and we eyed each for a few minutes.

HA-Racoon-3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

HA-Racoon-4.jpg

HA-Racoon.jpg

HA-Racoon-2.jpg

Phil.H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Enjoyed walking around the Holden Arboretum yesterday (just outside Cleveland, OH) for another socially distanced winter walk, and noticed this fellow climbing up a tree. I was near top of ridge, and the tree a bit below. Fortunately it stopped about eye level and by talking to it, it stopped at my height, and we eyed each for a few minutes.

View attachment 871473

View attachment 871474

View attachment 871472

View attachment 871475
Got to be a winner from me John. Can I ask what software you used to edit these because they have cleaned up superb for the ISO used.

Juggernaut

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Larry

View attachment 871473

View attachment 871474

View attachment 871472

View attachment 871475
OMY such a cute little thing... fantastic shots! you can see a bit alarmed and curiosity in its eyes...

protapic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Got to be a winner from me John. Can I ask what software you used to edit these because they have cleaned up superb for the ISO used.

Phil-

Many thanks for the comment!

Like many others here, I am convert to DXO Photolab 4 and Deep Prime for most of my photos (I shoot RAW+JPEG but usually use RAW files). For these particular shots, a little love from NIK Color Efex Pro 4 (tonal contrast plus color contrast) was added. Then moved TIFF over to LR 6.14 (I still use this version for importing and managing files) and exported as JPEG (1.5MB).

protapic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Phil-

Many thanks for the comment!

Like many others here, I am convert to DXO Photolab 4 and Deep Prime for most of my photos (I shoot RAW+JPEG but usually use RAW files). For these particular shots, a little love from NIK Color Efex Pro 4 (tonal contrast plus color contrast) was added. Then moved TIFF over to LR 6.14 (I still use this version for importing and managing files) and exported as JPEG (1.5MB).

ps: It's been said many times before here and elsewhere on the 'net, the panny 100-300mm (I am using V1, hoping someday to upgrade....) is not the sharpest at 300mm. I mitigate this somewhat by shooting at f7.1 and using electronic shutter. In my excitement I fist starting shooting the raccoon at f5.6, and when I saw he was not too shy I changed settings and leaned against a tree to further stabilize.

Phil.H

Mu-43 All-Pro
ps: It's been said many times before here and elsewhere on the 'net, the panny 100-300mm (I am using V1, hoping someday to upgrade....) is not the sharpest at 300mm. I mitigate this somewhat by shooting at f7.1 and using electronic shutter. In my excitement I fist starting shooting the raccoon at f5.6, and when I saw he was not too shy I changed settings and leaned against a tree to further stabilize.
I have the V2 - I think f7.1 is the sweet spot for this lens with electronic shutter. Dxo has done a fantastic job for that lens and the ISO used.

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Claude
Yes, these are cute like that on a photo. But for all fruit growers they are a real pest. They can come in family and strip a nice tree full of ripe fruit in just a night. And they usually do this just a day or two before I had planned to harvest. When I get to the tree to pick the fruits, all that is left are a few half eaten in the tree, and the soil is covered by fallen leaves, pips, half eaten fruits, broken branches... A real mess.
They are a nightmare.

Latest threads

Top Bottom