1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Cute Youtube Video - Flagships (D4 versus E-M1)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by bcaslis, Nov 2, 2013.

1. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    A cute tongue in check video by my favorite local photo store, Pro Photo Supply in Portland, OR.

http://youtu.be/U07A8ssc7DY

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
  2. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    humor is always fun when editing

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

HDR stands for "Highly Dope Renderings" in case you didn't know{at 8:14}.

Both of these people are stupid! Of coarse that was to poke fun. This video does point out one reason why I partially switched to m4/3{size and weight}. Of coarse it did not point out any of the advantages of FF, nor did it fully show the advantages of m4/3. It was a very well done video however{technically}.

4. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    The humor was dangerously spot on. For a moment I thought they dove into a forum and borrowed some forumites out for these videos until the humor got a little too heavy while they remained calm instead of becoming neurotic like typical forumites.

Loved the Christmas lights line.

5. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    Yup, lots of humor in this if you know where to look.

6. wanderenvy

wanderenvy Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Nicely done. And shot with a GH3.

7. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Which is even more hilarious for me given my advocacy of Speedboosting all the time for people with an existing DSLR system instead of ditching all the lenses to go m43.

8. Neftun

Neftun Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 15, 2012
    Norway
    Patrick Kristiansen
    I sure enjoyed it. Summarised many of the reasons why I didn't go fullframe after selling my d300. Main reason being that I didn't want to be too serious, and that backpack of his is waaaay to serious for my taste. They capture the average ff-shooter well judging by dpreview forums and the like, VERY serious and rather selfconscious, constanly justifying the gear's cost and size. The m43-shooter was more like "look, a subject!" and just shooting it. Sure, not all ff users are like that, but I have the feeling too many are. "Make way, peasant, for the mighty Photographer, and his Holy Trinity!" Blah..

But the stealth techniques with the em1 was fun too, especially when they showed the photos complete with half a shoulder in the foreground:)

Patrick K

9. Bangonthedoortwice

Bangonthedoortwice Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2012
    Merseyside
    Haha that was great. I'd rather carry something heavy up a mountain to then have a picture I can print huge for my lounge then travel light and get a small a4 print for the bathroom :D

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Mu-43 mobile app

10. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    In case you didn't notice, both the D4 and E-M1 are 16MP cameras. Don't see why you would bet a bigger print from the D4.

11. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    I hope you are implying you are lugging a medium format up that mountain. I remember touring through some national parks with a D200, D50, D40 and Contax 645 combo with one of my good friends in the past.

Any replies of D800E will be mocked mercilessly.

12. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    Dang that GH3 sure does take some superb video footage, which I gather from the credits is what they used for the video. Well done nevertheless.

13. Bangonthedoortwice

Oct 14, 2012
    Merseyside
    Kind of, even though a Contax 645 isn't that heavy. What was also funny in the video was how many times he was snapping a still scene.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bangonthedoortwice

Oct 14, 2012
    Merseyside
    hmm.

15. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
  16. Neftun

Neftun Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 15, 2012
    Norway
    Patrick Kristiansen
    "Everything looks better in HDR." What a witty, nerdy remark. Love it.

Patrick K