1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Custom Paracord strap with a twist - Updated with finished images

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by davidzvi, Feb 18, 2015.

1. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I've been looking for a new strap for my E-M10. The attached picture is of an old strap I had from a Konica APS camera that was fine for my old small m4/3 camera. But I wanted something a little sturdier for my E-M10.
    P2110056 (2).

After searching for a while I found an Etsy store that was using Paracord 550 (as most do) but they also have a wrist lanyard with Paracord Type 1. To me 550 is too heavy and Type 1 I think too thin. So I contacted them and asked about making something with Type 275 which is a little thicker than Type 1 but much lighter than 550.

Here is a link to their wrist strap and the prototypes they created.
    22" loop, 8" woven section. The woven section is sized as a shoulder pad or with the cord lock around my wrist with the rest of the cord wrapped around my hand (which is what I do with the Konica one I have now). One thing I liked about their wrist strap and with the lanyard style is at most I'll have to use a standard camera strap lug, nothing more to attach it.

Not bad for $15.50 + S/H, and their wrist strap is only $9.50.

icm_fullxfull.54910851_e0tiyth1u6g4kcsg44wo.

The store is: RuggedXessories
    Camera lanyard, Paracord Lanyard, Wrist Lanyard, Camera Leash, Camera Accessory, Camera Strap

Mine will be black and urban camo, the part that is green in the prototype will be black and camo together.
    icm_fullxfull.54915277_1ck288fivvgg0s8koo88.
    icm_fullxfull.54915241_kcwsozqbr28wcoss8gs8.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Update with images of the finished strap:

I did also get one of their wrist straps so I have options.

i-fN3fH3q-L.
    i-jfDJ9vc-L.
    i-n2hQ6mb-L.

Sorry for the following cell phone image it's hard to use me DSLR with my left hand. Over the shoulder, hand comfortably on the camera. Just what I was looking for.

i-HGCdNk6-L.

• Like Like x 1