Curves symbol on LCD of Olympus OMD EM-10

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Sunflower, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Sunflower

Sunflower Mu-43 Rookie

May 7, 2013
    Susie Kelly
    I've had my EM-10 for a week now, and am wondering why on the LCD there is a Curves symbol on the bottom right, showing -4/+7. :confused:

Is this meant to be here, or can I get rid of it? I've tried every setting I can think of in the Menus, but its still there.

Grateful for any advice, many thanks.

2. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    Sunflower, don't see this on my OM-D E-M10. Is it in the SCP (Super Control Panel)? What mode are you in, e.g., iAuto, S, M?

• Like Like x 1
  3. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

Not 100% sure but it sounds to me like you've adjusted the highlight and shadows of the tone curve. If it's anything like the EM5 you can access the curve settings by pressing the button you have exposure comp set to and then pressing Info to adjust the curve. I imagine JPEGs look rather contrasty with those settings!

• Like Like x 1
  4. fullkoll

fullkoll New to Mu-43

Jan 15, 2010
    North of Sweden
    Kjell
    Page 32 in the manual (for PL5):

┬┤Changing the brightness of highlights and shadows┬┤

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sunflower

Sunflower Mu-43 Rookie

May 7, 2013
    Susie Kelly
    Thanks, chipbutty. I don't know how I got it all screwed up in the beginning, but just now I assigned the red record button to exposure compensation, and then by pressing Info brought the curves back to 0/0. It certainly was producing some strange results, refusing to increase the aperture and flashing a constant 4,000 in the shutter speed icon!

And billbooz, thanks for your reply too. I don't expect you'll see it on your screen, because you're probably not as dopey as I am. :biggrin:

Thanks too,fullkoll. I hadn't bothered with the manual that came with the camera, it only has 3 pages in English!

• Like Like x 1