1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Curse you Ebay for reading my mind!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was just thinking today how I missed one of my favorite lenses which is the Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AIS. Even though I'm not a fan of MF glass, this lens is one my favorites. In fact it's probably one of the sharpest MF lenses I've owned. The beauty of this lens is it's close-focusing abilities. In fact it's Nikon's closest focusing lens that's not a macro! The newer AF version doesn't focus as close-up. I've compared this lens to the faster 28mm f/2 AIS and I still prefer the 2.8 version due to it's compact design.

Anyways I decided to see if they had any well priced auctions on Ebay. Usually they sell for inflated prices, but low and behold, they had a 'Best Offer' auction for a clean 28mm AIS with hood and box! I put a lower offer down and won! I wasn't planning on buying anything, but the price was too good and I can sell it with no loss if I get bored down the road! Oh well, I'll probably post samples here once I receive the lens!

Curse you Ebay for those random impulse buys! :mad::tongue::biggrin::smile:

2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    This is for you.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtlK7sn0JQ&sns=em]Ebay Parody Song - Weird Al Yankovic - YouTube[/ame]

Gordon

• Like Like x 5
  3. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    The 28/2.8 is a wonderful lens. I have the 28/3.5 which is slower but almost as good but I don't know about close focussing as I have never owned the 2.8.

4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

So tell me, what is he min focusing distance of it?

5. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

6. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It focuses down to 20cm. The only other Nikkor that focuses closer is the Nikon 60mm 2.8 AFS Macro at 18cm.

7. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

8. Bhupinder2002

My Parody ..
    Jonathan buys a lens from ebay which he doesn't need..
    Its not a neccessity but just call it greed......
    He was just after a prime with faster speed..
    oh la la la ....
    It was a nikkor with F 2.8 ....
    He did a mistake but realised a bit late ...
    Thats why Jonathan ebay is great....
    We get trapped and thats the fate ...
    Hahahaahhaah

9. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is a different lens. This the newer AF model, unfortunately it's optics are less sophisticated than the MF version it replaced.

Actually I do need a small walk-around prime for my Nikon kit. Since I use my Nikons mainly for work, a small 28mm was calling my name! Not to mention I can use it with my Olympus kit and utilize it's close focus with some macro filters I've had sitting around!

10. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Hmmmm.... you guys down under must have something different in the water. Or perhaps it's the summertime heat?? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bhupinder2002

Hahah ... I love few things about this forum and the best thing is how we all are connected . We differ, we pull each other's legs , we smile , we laugh ,we agree , we disagree but its just like a big family..
    I love this more than FB..
    Cheers