1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Culling JPG+RAW on Android

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Brucebrad, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Brucebrad

Brucebrad Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 14, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I shoot JPG+RAW on my E-PM2 and usually do an initial cull by plugging the camera into a TV (via HDMI). This works well. When I delete a photo both the JPG and RAW are deleted. I'm wondering if I can setup a similar workflow for when I'm travelling and don't have access to a digital TV, but do have my Android tablet (Sony Xperia Z).

So far, I've worked out that I can plug my SD card into an OTG dongle and view (the JPG) photos in the default Photos app. I can also delete them there. When I put the card back in the camera, the deleted photo appears black. I can delete that and the RAW gets deleted also. This seems to be working, though I wonder how robust a procedure this is.

Any suggestions for improving on this? Does any Android software delete the JPG and RAW together? Is there any advantage in getting a wifi SD card (apart from not having a dongle). Do the Olympus and/or Flashair apps delete both? I'm not really interested in copying all the files to the tablet (though I might copy some), and I want a system that will work when I don't have internet access.