1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

CS5 - Black Magic

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by BillN, Jun 12, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    less than a minute, from

This

piggy.

to THIS

piggy_2.

with more time etc., etc. - everything seems possible

• Like Like x 3
  2. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Bill that's impressive

Is that with the new clone feature, not tried it yet...

3. rst

rst Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Ha! Wait for CS7 or CS8 and you no longer need a camera. You just will need to describe your intended image to the program and you are done.

Cheers
    Ruediger

• Like Like x 2
  4. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    It's called "content aware" - a bit like the healing brush but instant - plus you can use the lasoo for large areas

• Like Like x 2
  5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    under 10 seconds

quick - just three key stokes

ducklings_1.

ducklings_12.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rst

rst Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    So that is a really impressive example, also if you take into account how easy that might be. But what I see is that not only the program is content aware, but also the photographer has to be content aware and do some work on the replaced areas as you can obviously see that there are repeating patterns.

Ha, at some point in time when looking at digital images I started to get aware of sharpening halos which result from over sharpening, now that get a little bit more varied because I will see repeating patterns. :wink:

Cheers
    Ruediger

7. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    I agree - but I'm no expert and as I indicated - 3 key strokes - less than 10 secs and I did not take any care

but look at what is happening to photo manipulation "for the masses" - simple, easy power, (at an "Adobe" price)

• Like Like x 1
  8. rst

rst Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    No, without question, they did a good job. But when looking at images, I more and more think about: Is it still photography or is it computer graphics and Adobe is going to push that edge more and more to the computer graphics side.

A good image is a good image, no doubt, but in the future do I have to praise the photographer or the graphics program?

Cheers
    Ruediger

• Like Like x 1
  9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Bill, as you know I am a relative neophyte at post processing software, but I think I'd like to use some of that "Black Magic" in other parts of my life as well!:biggrin:

rst, I take your points. If you feel like it, I think you might do well to start a separate thread about this question/theme, perhaps in the Open Forum? I don't mean this as a castigation at all - far from it! I have struggled with this for years with regard to photography and other art forms, as well. I have no doubt that it would engender some interesting discussion.

10. oris642

oris642 Mu-43 Regular

Can CS5 also make certain lines in my credit card statement disappear?

: )

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Well, it's possible that Google could come up with something that makes use of all the images ever posted to the web - along with artificial intelligence to allow you to build a scene interactively.

Sort of 'photographic design' in the truest sense of the word - only limited by your imagination and every photograph ever posted?

Exciting times ahead for the non-traditionalist (I refuse to be annoyed by this kind of 'progress' :wink:)

Thanks for sharing Bill

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  12. 151proof

151proof Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 12, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Cuious as to what were the steps taken on using "content awareness"? I'll download the trial version tonight and see what it can do.

13. CalebPhotographer

CalebPhotographer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Florida
    It samples pixels around the selection and figures out what would make it seamless, be it a solid color or a pattern.

14. Miles

Miles Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2010
    Luxembourg
    That's great and accessible to me ! I mean it was probably possible in earlier version but not so easy !

I'll try to remove my mother in law from some pictures :smile:

15. rst

rst Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Yes, exciting times ahead, also for lawyers when they will fight about how much of a photograph is copyrighted by which photographer ... :wink:

Cheers
    Ruediger

• Like Like x 1