1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Crossing Over

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Rhodel_close, May 12, 2012.

1. Rhodel_close

Rhodel_close Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 7, 2012
    Hi guys,
    Rhodel here. Am a current Nikonian. Was intrigued by the OM-D and so i researched about it. The more articles i read about it, the more i fell in love.

Next thing i knew, i was putting my D300 set up on sale already and placed an order for a Silver OM-D. Cant wait to get this wonderful cam. I cant afford to maintain 2 camera systems, so im crossing over the MFT system.

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Welcome Aboard!

I'm going to go out on a limb here & state something that I've observed but have no empirical data to back myself up.

That being said, it's my perception that more Nikon owners have crossed into some type of mirrorless format (usually MFT or NEX) than Canon owners...

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    As a Canon user, I seem to feel there are a lot of Canon switchers.

4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    +1 (Canon 40D here)

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    LoL exactly why I also said I have no empirical data to back myself up :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Edit:
    That being said, in my one TINY niche', (a Nikon Forum) that I belong to, one of the coolest things about this particular forum is that there is a mirrorless sub-forum with quite a few Nikon users who have bought into MFT & NEX - best of all is that there is no hostility. :smile:

And quite a few of them are talking about their latest acquisition - the OMD EM-T :smile:

7. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Welcome! I'm a recovering Canon SLR user. I hope you enjoy your time here!

8. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

9. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Oh! empirical data! That's so pre-post-modern!!