1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Crossfused Stereogram (3D)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by eyeguy, May 5, 2011.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Accidental Stereogram. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I posted this to our flickr group too.
    Anyways, like the flickr description says, this is an accidental cross-fused stereogram.

I was taking pictures while waiting for the Amtrak, and somehow snapped these two photos. I don't recall moving at all, so maybe the wind just picked up and shifted the perspective. While going through pictures I tried it and it works well as a cross-fused stereogram!

Maybe I'll actually try to take some of more interesting subjects later!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ddegomez

ddegomez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    The next time you'r on the moving train you might try making a single camera 3D video. I make these videos from a moving car, but the camera shake is pretty bad. See: [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-BwPSKj4M&feature=related]YouTube - 3D made with one camera, no attachments[/ame]. From a more stable platform, like the train, the video should be much better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. eyeguy

eyeguy Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    That is AWESOME! I had to download it and then play it on loop via VLC, but it worked pretty well!

How did you do it? Did you just shoot one video then separate them by a half a second or so?

4. ddegomez

ddegomez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    You got it. Depending on the speed of the vehicle remove 3 to 10 frames from the beginning of the original video, then put the two videos side by side in one wide frame.

5. eyeguy

eyeguy Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    I ride the amtrak relatively frequently, so maybe I'll try it next time! Will have to get some video editing software though!