1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Cricket season

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by bilzmale, Nov 12, 2010.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

My 7 yo grandson Flynn is in his second season of cricket. They play modified rules where everyone bowls 2 overs and a batting pair face 4 overs. His club is short of players in the Under-10s so he is playing up a grade. His library book at the moment is Ricky Ponting's latest. He lives for his cricket and I captured some of his style today.

5169571610_1e087e9e83_b.

5168972431_eda9849a0f_b.

Taken at 140mm and cropped - can't wait for the 100-300. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Now where have I seen this young man before?, oh yes, Serious Compacts, you're trying to get us Pommies worried for the future of the ashes, are we worried, yes we are :biggrin:, he looks to have style, Flynn, name's noted.

Barrie

3. michaelfinch

michaelfinch Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2010
    Lancashire, England
    Nice pics. I particularly like the batting one. He shows good balance and yes, name noted for future. BTW, did you happen to catch the rugby score earlier today. OK I'll leave it at that. This is an MFT forum after all!

4. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Very good Bill and I'm more than certain your very proud of him its a very good obsession (Cricket) for a young boy

Weather here is nicer will you get a chance this summer to try the 100-300
    (I think this Lens will surprise) after the 45-200 nay Sayer's

the 100-300 will be a great birding lens am sure :2thumbs:

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Thanks folks - John the 100-300 is slated for Dec-Jan delivery at Amazon so should see some of the cricket season without cropping.