Creative Recycling

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Julia, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Julia

Julia Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2013
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Went for a walk in the vineyards behind my house and stumbled across a section of land where all the support poles, holding up the vine branches, were rooted in empty coke cups.

I guess it's for protection, but it was just too funny looking over that plot and seeing dozens upon dozens of those huge red, white, and black cups. Someone was either really thirsty or employed a lot of family and friends to help empty those :)

<a href="" title="Creative Recycling by Where Is The Camera, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="769" alt="Creative Recycling"></a>
  2. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Thanks for the interesting and baffling observation. Once I was walking through a public wooded area to find a planted flower garden. After closer inspection I was stunned to find they were silk flowers.
  3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Yep, very odd indeed. I've spend considerable time traveling through the various wine regions of California and I've never observed that or anything similar to that. I've always felt that Coke and Vino don't mix well.

4. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    I thought cola and wine was just the ingredients in Boone's Farm!:tongue:
  5. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Obviously you haven't been to central Europe. They have several different kinds here. Bambus is red wine and cola, Gemist is mineral water and white wine, Fanta is also another popular mix-in.
  6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I've been to Germany, but at the time I was more interested in the Beer than the fine German wines. I did live in Paris for a spell, never noticed any mixing there. Here some do partake in a "Spritzer", club soda/7-Up with white, but never Coke.
  7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    LOL ... out here in California I don't think we Qualify Boone's Farm refreshment as actual wine.