Creative Cloud update!

Mike G

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Gorman
For the users of Adobe products via the Creative Cloud, there is an update around. I had lost the Mac taskbar icon for CC so contacted Adobe help via an electronic link to get the Icon reinstalled, Mr Singh facilitated a reload of the CC app and believe me it is a radically different look so if you need to update your CC note that this new app will be installed.
Very different!

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
I see they're still pushing Acrobat DC as an "update" for those who don't have it installed.
This! I have Acrobat Pro XI installed, and as it’s 32-bit I’ll be removing it in a few weeks when I upgrade to Catalina. I figured that without an older version of Acrobat the Creative Cloud app would finally stop prompting me to upgrade to DC, but it sounds like this is a “feature” that will never go away. I gotta hand it to Adobe, they sure know how to annoy their customers.

Mike G

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Gorman
I don’t recall using Acrobat for years now unless it’s built in!

Mack

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just ran into and odd Adobe Acrobat request.

Got a new camera phone as I dropped my old Samsung S6 Edge and broke the glass. So I replaced it with their newest S10+ phone with 5 cameras.

I just got a bill in PDF form. When I went to view it with Adobe Acrobat, it asked for my Google account or Facebook to log into Adobe. :wtf:

When I signed in with Google, Adobe then asked for my date of birth, age, etc. which seemed very odd for just looking at a PDF file in Acrobat.

I didn't give them anything they wanted and used another PDF reading app instead which worked fine. Seems Adobe must be trying to get into some major marketing push asking for personal info to use what was a free app.

Real Name
Richard
I ditched Acrobat years ago. PDFScanner works well on my Mac as a basic scan to pdf utility and it does multiple page documents. Anything else I just use the pdf option of my Canon printer driver.

I’m sure Acrobat must do much much more, but like a lot of things, I thought I needed it but actually don’t!

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
I just ran into and odd Adobe Acrobat request.

Got a new camera phone as I dropped my old Samsung S6 Edge and broke the glass. So I replaced it with their newest S10+ phone with 5 cameras.

I just got a bill in PDF form. When I went to view it with Adobe Acrobat, it asked for my Google account or Facebook to log into Adobe. :wtf:

When I signed in with Google, Adobe then asked for my date of birth, age, etc. which seemed very odd for just looking at a PDF file in Acrobat.

I didn't give them anything they wanted and used another PDF reading app instead which worked fine. Seems Adobe must be trying to get into some major marketing push asking for personal info to use what was a free app.
When I use Adobe Acrobat on my iPads, it wants me to sign into my Microsoft account, which is rather odd since it is on an Apple product. I hit cancel and then it will open. It also knows who I am since I have signed into my LR account.

Mack

Mu-43 Top Veteran
When I use Adobe Acrobat on my iPads, it wants me to sign into my Microsoft account, which is rather odd since it is on an Apple product. I hit cancel and then it will open. It also knows who I am since I have signed into my LR account.
I went back and read some of the privacy stuff regarding Adobe and their free Acrobat Reader for Android. Seems you have none as they will pass around your info to their partners, here or offshore. Reading their rules, it made me delete all my Adobe stuff from my new phone. Fwiw, I went through that Adobe server breach a few years back where credit cards were stolen. Bank changed my card number three times after that breach, but Adobe did apologize with some free watchdog service for a year.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom