1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Crdome and deepaqua's Brooklyn Adventure

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by deepaqua, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome

Damn! You should have told me! I’ve been standing outside your apartment window the past two weeks. Me constantly bellowing “DEEP! DEEP! DEEP!...” to no avail. That followed by AQUA! Again nothing.

Obviously I’m feeling a bit foolish by now.

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. deepaqua

deepaqua Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Anil
    Ah, there you are. Sorry for skipping out on you.

3. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I am indeed scouting for other victims! Watch over your shoulders folks. Potentials can PM.

Yes Harvey. No travels = No photos = No posting. But things are looking up. I’m recovering from multiple surgical proceedures to my hand. Now, after many weeks of occupational therapy, I am able to zoom and hand focus.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 1:38 AM
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  4. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Eeeeek! Hope you will complete the recovery quickly, Chrome. Please... can you tell: what is that bag you're using here.....
    PC240223.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Quadna71

Quadna71 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

May 25, 2016
    My guess is this: PUSH™ Pack

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 11.54.05 AM.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. BarefootPilgrim

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Thanks, Quadna71! That looks like the critter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I just finished composing this for Kevin.

Chrome. Liked the photos you took on your trip to NY with Anil. I spied the bag 5.11 Tactical Bag you were using and it seems like one I would love to carry. I know it sells as a gun, etc bag but I am interested in how it is working for you as a camera bag. Do you have an insert inside. Thanks, Kevin Balling

Hi Kevin,

Ive had the bag 3 yrs and still love it! I don’t use inserts. Certainly some aficionados might consider my treatment of equipment as somewhat cavalier. The thing is I know how I’ve placed the objects, and know they are safely snuggled together. My most common package is two bodies with lenses and one or two pouches with smaller lenses. G7+14-140, G85+12-60. Pouches w/ Pan 25/1.4 and a 16mm C-Mount Kodak Cine lens, either 25/1.4 or 66/2.7 macro.

Interior has full size Velcro pocket, an unsecured pocket, the main compartment, then mesh compartment, pencil sleeves, business cards, .

The side pockets with double zippered sides have Velcro top closures. Ones is packed with a 16-20 oz water bottle. The other with a fistful of energy bars. On its reverse side is a full-size sipper compartment. Mine contains a 14”sq microfiber towel, bandana, sip-lock bags with nail clippers, tiny knife, and variety of zip tie sizes. Also rubber bands, small tissue paper squares I use as flash diffusers. I cut appropriate sized strips, wrap around the flash face and tap on its back side. A couple of Velcro backed reflective patches I slap onto the bag if I’m night shooting near traffic. It also holds an iPad vertically but it extends above the zipper by 2”.

Outside back is padded and has a heavy-duty, large Velcro belt loop. I have seldom used it as such, but is super useful if a need is presented. There is always a crampon through it which I use when carrying the bag. While the bag awaits its next assignment it hangs by that crampon on a door hook.

If there is time tomorrow, I’ll shoot its space usages for you.

PS: I mostly wear 5-11 tactical pants when shooting. There is a really sweet phone pocket at the waist. Mine style has 17 pockets! Inside each cargo pocket is a pair of munitions pockets which are fabulous for flashlights for Urbex opportunities. The knees in addition to double layer fabric have interior pockets for pads.

The pant are Teflon treated ripstop nylon. Dirt, water, and pathogen resistant. It might seem antithetical to wear light tan colored pants crawling through decades of dirt and carbon ashes in abandon buildings, but they clean up well.

Ivorie, Harvey, and Web-Betty have all posted shots of me wearing 5-11s

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 1:28 AM
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    For such a little bag my 5-11 packs a lot with easy access to gear.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Rows:
    1 main compartment Equipment and side pockets with beverage and nourishment
    2 Front velcro enclosed pocket
    3 Rear mesh pocket, pen and business card slots,
    4 Front zippered outside pockets: Top-glasses. Front flap pocket
    5 Rear exterior zippered pocket

full.jpg

Verso: Beltloop with crampon (handle)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 12:53 AM
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2
  9. BarefootPilgrim

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Looks like a really great setup, Chrome. Thanks for this thorough report. And the great walkabout photos!

10. kb1142

kb1142 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina
    Kevin Balling
    Thanks for the info on the bag Chrome. I think Santa might drop one off for me.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.