Crdome and deepaqua's Brooklyn Adventure

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Thank you all for the kind words.

Michael and I actually took these pictures last year on Christmas Eve. In the intervening 11 months I moved out to Denver. I hadn't looked at these in a while, but viewing them again does make me miss NYC a little. @Crdome hasn't posted in a while, so he may be traveling, but he's a great guy and a wonderful photographer. I do hope he'll make it out to Colorado one day, as I'd love to do another walk out here.

Damn! You should have told me! I’ve been standing outside your apartment window the past two weeks. Me constantly bellowing “DEEP! DEEP! DEEP!...” to no avail. That followed by AQUA! Again nothing.

Obviously I’m feeling a bit foolish by now.

Real Name
Anil
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn! You should have told me! I’ve been standing outside your apartment window the past two weeks. Me constantly bellowing “DEEP! DEEP! DEEP!...” to no avail. That followed by AQUA! Again nothing.

Obviously I’m feeling a bit foolish by now.
Ah, there you are. Sorry for skipping out on you.

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
I doubt he is out traveling, I think he is stalking his next victim.
I am indeed scouting for other victims! Watch over your shoulders folks. Potentials can PM.

Yes Harvey. No travels = No photos = No posting. But things are looking up. I’m recovering from multiple surgical proceedures to my hand. Now, after many weeks of occupational therapy, I am able to zoom and hand focus.

Last edited:
My guess is this: PUSH™ Pack

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Eeeeek! Hope you will complete the recovery quickly, Chrome. Please... can you tell: what is that bag you're using here.....
PC240223.jpg
I just finished composing this for Kevin.

Chrome. Liked the photos you took on your trip to NY with Anil. I spied the bag 5.11 Tactical Bag you were using and it seems like one I would love to carry. I know it sells as a gun, etc bag but I am interested in how it is working for you as a camera bag. Do you have an insert inside. Thanks, Kevin Balling

Hi Kevin,

Ive had the bag 3 yrs and still love it! I don’t use inserts. Certainly some aficionados might consider my treatment of equipment as somewhat cavalier. The thing is I know how I’ve placed the objects, and know they are safely snuggled together. My most common package is two bodies with lenses and one or two pouches with smaller lenses. G7+14-140, G85+12-60. Pouches w/ Pan 25/1.4 and a 16mm C-Mount Kodak Cine lens, either 25/1.4 or 66/2.7 macro.

Interior has full size Velcro pocket, an unsecured pocket, the main compartment, then mesh compartment, pencil sleeves, business cards, .

The side pockets with double zippered sides have Velcro top closures. Ones is packed with a 16-20 oz water bottle. The other with a fistful of energy bars. On its reverse side is a full-size sipper compartment. Mine contains a 14”sq microfiber towel, bandana, sip-lock bags with nail clippers, tiny knife, and variety of zip tie sizes. Also rubber bands, small tissue paper squares I use as flash diffusers. I cut appropriate sized strips, wrap around the flash face and tap on its back side. A couple of Velcro backed reflective patches I slap onto the bag if I’m night shooting near traffic. It also holds an iPad vertically but it extends above the zipper by 2”.

Outside back is padded and has a heavy-duty, large Velcro belt loop. I have seldom used it as such, but is super useful if a need is presented. There is always a crampon through it which I use when carrying the bag. While the bag awaits its next assignment it hangs by that crampon on a door hook.

If there is time tomorrow, I’ll shoot its space usages for you.

PS: I mostly wear 5-11 tactical pants when shooting. There is a really sweet phone pocket at the waist. Mine style has 17 pockets! Inside each cargo pocket is a pair of munitions pockets which are fabulous for flashlights for Urbex opportunities. The knees in addition to double layer fabric have interior pockets for pads.

The pant are Teflon treated ripstop nylon. Dirt, water, and pathogen resistant. It might seem antithetical to wear light tan colored pants crawling through decades of dirt and carbon ashes in abandon buildings, but they clean up well.

Ivorie, Harvey, and Web-Betty have all posted shots of me wearing 5-11s

Last edited:

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
For such a little bag my 5-11 packs a lot with easy access to gear.

Rows:
1 main compartment Equipment and side pockets with beverage and nourishment
2 Front velcro enclosed pocket
3 Rear mesh pocket, pen and business card slots,
4 Front zippered outside pockets: Top-glasses. Front flap pocket
5 Rear exterior zippered pocket

Verso: Beltloop with crampon (handle)

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom