Crazing affect Images?

e.besana

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all,

A friend of mine recently gave me an SMC Pentax 50mm f2. Upon inspection of the lens I noticed significant crazing of the lens coating on both rear and front elements. I'm hesitant to purchase the adapter for this lens not knowing if it will even produce usable images.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to "validate" the lens before I buy the adapter for it?

Thanks. -EB

Rudi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi all,

A friend of mine recently gave me an SMC Pentax 50mm f2. Upon inspection of the lens I noticed significant crazing of the lens coating on both rear and front elements. I'm hesitant to purchase the adapter for this lens not knowing if it will even produce usable images.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to "validate" the lens before I buy the adapter for it?

Thanks. -EB
Sounds like mould to me... :frown:

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sounds much like fungus to me too - I have a few lenses I was given that fit that description.
WHat I've found is that if it's not too bad they can be used for macro-ish work Ok, and for portrait or whatever, light seems to "scatter" and produce very soft "luminous" images (rather beautiful in their own way).
Don't know how you can test without buying an adaptor -- sorry

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom