Craig Mod Panasonic 14/2.5 Review

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
It was Craig's GF1 review that sold me on m4/3 and the GF1 in particular.

Apparently he has had the 14 for a while and here is his hands on review.

Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5 Lens Review — Seeing Prime

The short of it: The Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 for micro four thirds systems is a great companion to the GF1 (or the Panasonic GF2 when it comes out). It's a lovely, sharp, whisper quiet, quick to focus, unbelievably tiny, beautiful little prime lens. I highly recommend it. It’s not perfect for low-light, handheld indoor shooting (the 20mm f/1.7‘s speed is handy there). But it’s a fantastic and welcome wider angle companion to the Panny 20mm pancake prime.

Jerry_R

Mu-43 Regular
I have read it too. I can't wait for mine to come!

I plan to use it often for video, as:
- f4 is too dark, there is too much noise
- 20mm f/1.7 - it focuses slowly, is noisy, is not wide enough often

grum

Mu-43 Regular
I have read it too. I can't wait for mine to come!

I plan to use it often for video, as:
- f4 is too dark, there is too much noise
- 20mm f/1.7 - it focuses slowly, is noisy, is not wide enough often
I'm interested in this lens too but it's a little pricy for me at the mo.

The 20mm is noisy though? :confused:

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Am anxiously awaiting my 14mm as well. Way back when I first got into both backpacking and photography with interchangeable lenses, my favorite focal length was a 28mm especially hiking in the mountains. It always seemed just right - wide enough to get it all in, yet not so wide as to render miniscule the mountain backgrounds. While I eventually got a 24mm, that was too wide for me, and I rarely used it. Any zooms I got always started at the 28mm equivalent. So my GF1 is looking forward to the 14 and my plan is to take it, along with the 20 and relive those good old days. The zooms will stay with the G1.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
all these reviews are making me reconsider holding off for a 12mm. Now only if my 14-45 didn't drop in value, heh.

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
all these reviews are making me reconsider holding off for a 12mm. Now only if my 14-45 didn't drop in value, heh.
I don't know - the review of the 14 sounded pretty terrific, and I don't think your 14-45 will drop much in value. That is a really nice lens.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
I don't know - the review of the 14 sounded pretty terrific, and I don't think your 14-45 will drop much in value. That is a really nice lens.
it did relative to when I bought it =) And given how nice it is, that also is hard to justify buying the 14.

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
it did relative to when I bought it =) And given how nice it is, that also is hard to justify buying the 14.
My thinking is that the G1 will go with the 14-45 and 45-200, and the GF1 will go with the 14 and 20. But from a practial standpoint, you are no doubt right. I guess the only justification is lens lust and the fact that life is short.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
My thinking is that the G1 will go with the 14-45 and 45-200, and the GF1 will go with the 14 and 20. But from a practial standpoint, you are no doubt right. I guess the only justification is lens lust and the fact that life is short.
:2thumbs:

Sounds like my plan, so it must be a good idea!

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
haha, I like your thinking. My wallet sure doesn't, but I'm up for it.

Muntjack

Mu-43 Veteran
Lens Lust

I'd simply buy every lens going if I thought my wife wouldn't notice.

There's just something about screwing on a new lens that ahhhhhhh! gets me.

M :tongue:

maxpiz

Mu-43 Regular
This is a great lens! Unfortunately the vision actually corresponds to a 31mm lens instead of 28mm! What a pity, I need a wider lens!

Jerry_R

Mu-43 Regular
Closest focusing distance:

14mm - 18 cm !!!
7-14mm - 25cm
14-42mm - 30 cm
14-45mm - 30 cm
14-140mm - 50 cm

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom