1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Cracked screen EM5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by lowlight, Oct 5, 2014.

1. lowlight

lowlight Mu-43 Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Norway
    After a great day outside shooting my kids and family i was getting in the car ready to drive home. My em5 fell 10 cm on to the fottwell of the car, landing on the lower right part off the screen. Now i have a spiderweb for a screen and no image on it.

I have dropped it "many" times before but this time it must have hit a weakspot.

I feel like an idiot!

Anyway, email have been sent to olympus hoping it wont be to costly or take to long to fix.

Anyone here had their screens replaced? At what cost? And time?

Sorry for a long post for a few short questions, it just felt good writing it down!

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I believe you can buy a replacement screen on ebay for about $85 bucks and if your handy can swap it out yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lowlight

lowlight Mu-43 Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Norway
    I cant find a screen replacement on ebay, and i do not want to break the warranty by opening the camera.
    Although if the repair costs to much then maybe...

4. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    Someone here replaced the screen at Olympus for $180. I replaced mine myself, but had trouble getting the right 2-sided tape, so it doesn't sit quite right. Get Oly to do it

• Like Like x 1
  5. lowlight

lowlight Mu-43 Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Norway
    Thanks!
    waiting for Oly`s reply, Today`s sunday so hoping an answer tomorrow. After some more research i found out Oly service in Norway is superb. Hoping for the best!