Couple questions about the site

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I am settling into the new forum but am wishing I didn't have to start in the what's new and after the top twenty I have to hit view more and scroll back down the top twenty to continue viewing sometimes I forget to note where I left off I know its trifle but was wondering if there is a bypass for that? The other whaa I have is if I want to post a picture in say (show beautiful people) which I'm using for this example because I copied it exactly from the title of the post and enter it in the search column I get thirty other hits but not the thread (show beautiful people) and if its not a popular thread its even harder to find any suggestions on how to fine tune my search?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
The other whaa I have is if I want to post a picture in say (show beautiful people) which I'm using for this example because I copied it exactly from the title of the post and enter it in the search column
This search gives me the correct results:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am settling into the new forum but am wishing I didn't have to start in the what's new and after the top twenty I have to hit view more and scroll back down the top twenty to continue viewing sometimes I forget to note where I left off I know its trifle but was wondering if there is a bypass for that?
You can click on the drop down and choose "New Posts"

Apollo T.

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi,
i did the above and hasn’t taken hold yet. Is there another step after tapping “New Posts”? Also, in the past we were able to block some forums. I’d like to do that again.
Thanks for your time snd help

Amin Sabet

Administrator
i did the above and hasn’t taken hold yet. Is there another step after tapping “New Posts”?
I'm not sure what you mean about taking hold. There is no other step.

Also, in the past we were able to block some forums. I’d like to do that again.
You can't block a forum from new posts only, but you can completely block it altogether so that it no longer exists for you by clicking on "Ignore Forum" in the forum view.

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just tried a search in the Search forums under Forums using the keywords Beautiful People and only one result came up, this thread: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/share-beautiful-people.5031/.
Is this the thread you wanted?
(I first tried the keywords "Show Beautiful People" and turned up nothing with Search Titles only enabled.)
It appears you have to be specific about share/show/showcase in the title search so for example I know there is a post on show blurry pictures but that is probably not the exact title but I'm pretty sure its in there somewhere (description ) just searching blurry pictures brings up four pages of subjects with the word blurry along with four or five other show/showcase/share headline posts (not pertaining to blurry) if you are more specific share /showcase blurry pictures in title only no results at all. On the bright side I do have a pic taken by sticking my camera out the window while driving which I will put in the post Best pictures taken by accident?. which came up by looking for blurry pics I copied the above title /pasted and now have this font :dash2:

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This search gives me the correct results:

View attachment 769352

You can click on the drop down and choose "New Posts"

View attachment 769353
Thanks for the reply Amin, I am wondering if its mandatory that after twenty posts you have to hit view more which automatically jumps back to the top and you have to scroll back down to (view more posts)regardless of if they are new or not. After twenty posts it becomes latest profile posts which I don't follow as much as the forum posts.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
just searching blurry pictures brings up four pages of subjects with the word blurry along with four or five
Don’t forget to check the box for “Search titles only”.

I am wondering if its mandatory that after twenty posts you have to hit view more
That’s what happens when you click “What’s New” but shouldn’t be the case when you click “New Posts”.

Amin Sabet

Administrator

Amin Sabet

Administrator

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I moved things around a bit, making Recent Posts more prominent and putting What’s New a level down from that. I think most members will see it as an improvement, but there’s no way to make it suit everyone.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom