Couple of quick questions for GX-1 owners

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by JJJPhoto, Jan 31, 2013.

1. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    Okay, I have several Olympus Pen cameras as well as the OM-D (which I've grown to love). However, the recent low prices on the GX-1 are making me consider the purchase of that camera.

I wasn't interested in the GX-1 before because of the lack of image stabilization in the body, but that low price is mighty appealing. I'm just trying to figure out if there's any real reason to pick one up since I already have several Pen cameras and the OM-D or if it's just a total waste of cash.

One reason I've been considering the GX-1 is that some people claim the 25mm f/1.4 lens focuses faster on the GX-1 than on Olympus cameras. I've been pretty happy with the 25mm on my OM-D and Pen cameras, but I have noticed it focuses a fraction of a second slower than my Olympus 45mm and 12mm lenses on my Olympus cameras.

Can anyone confirm or deny that focus speed claim?

Also, for those people who own the GX-1 and either Olympus Pen or OM-D bodies, have you personally found features of the GX-1 that you like or dislike compared to the Olympus cameras?
  2. garethld

garethld Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    the gx1 does seem to have a pretty rapid focus but i cant compare it to any of the olympus cameras. I bought a GX-1 for top money when they first came out and was chuffed with it then so you should be thrilled with it at the latest deals... £259 for body only on Digital Rev - amazing!