1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Couple of GX1 queries....

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Johnytuono, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2012
    Lancs., UK
    Hi
    First off I have looked through the online manual and can't seem to find the answers to these. Hopefully someone can help out.

1. In aperture priority mode in the Qmenu under ISO there is an option for iISO, why is this there and not in the shutter priority mode, and what does it do as there is already a setting in there for Auto iso.
    2. If i go into manual mode and change the iso setting in that particular Qmenu and then go into,say, aperture mode, that iso setting is changed when it was previously on Auto. I was under the impression the Qmenu was individual for each mode.
    Thanks in advance
    JohnyT

2. CPWarner

CPWarner Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Cliff
    You can customize the quick menu and put what you want into it. If you put iso into the quick menu it is there for all PASM. Just checked that on my camera.

If you set the iso to 200 in M, it stays at 200 for all PASM settings.

Not sure I can explain iISO versus Auto ISO as I do not use either.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2012
    Lancs., UK
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply...but.....if in manual mode its set at 160 then it can still be in Auto ISO in ap/shutter priority...try it and see. Its only when you move the iso setting in manual mode it changes in the Qmenu for ap/shutter priority.Personally I think its an error.
    JT

4. CPWarner

CPWarner Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Cliff
    I did not understand your initial question. Manual mode does not have auto ISO or iISO, so if you have previously selected auto iso in S A or P, it has no choice. In manual you are given only manual choices. The GX1 does retain the previous setting in any of the auto modes when you exit M. I never use auto Iso or iISO, so I would never have run into this. I see your point though.

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    iISO supposedly evaluates the scene and adjust the ISO depending on the subject. For example, if the subject is moving, it will increase ISO to give you a faster shutter speed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    tc has it right. And that explains the reason why iISO doesn't exist in shutter priority. Panasonic assumes that if you're controlling the shutter speed you don't want the camera overriding your choice.

• Like Like x 1