Countdown to G2 and G10 has started

bashar

Mu-43 Regular
touch screen are not nice in cold weather, especially if you are wearing gloves!

Ranger 9

Mu-43 Regular
I prefer easily accessed controls, like dials, and switches...
From the pictures, it looks as if the G2 has moved the focus-mode control from the menus onto a separate switch coaxial with the MF/AF switch. That's definitely a step in the right direction.

melv

Mu-43 Regular
Seems they have moved that selector wheel from the front of the camera to the rear, to be used with the thumb and not the index finger?

Melv

wilson.c

Mu-43 Regular
News keeps on moving on the new line of Panasonic m4/3 cameras.

hardwarezone “Panasonic explained to us that the G and GH product lines are going to be developed separately. The GH series will be the premium, Full HD capable line, while the G series will be more photo than video-centric, explaining the 720p video recording limit on the G2 and G10.”

Still no confirmation if they will use a new sensor or not.

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Press news from Pan Germany

I checked Pan Germany.

G10 (black) + 14-42 available in june.

Avalable in may:
G2 boby (black only)
G2 (black, red or blue) + 14-42
G2 (black only) + 14-42 + 45-200

Zoomlens 14-42 available in june

Have a nice day.
Kind regards, Herman

oris642

Mu-43 Regular
Have you actually used one? I did a couple of years ago, when I had a Panasonic FX-500 with a 3" touchscreen (it was Panny's first touch screen on a camera). It was actually better than I thought it was going to be. But it does leave fingerprints.

Having said that, I prefer the touch screen on my iPhone and having to clean it regularly, than no iPhone touchscreen at all. So I guess we have to see how it really is in practice.
Wow, looks like my dream was answered - an iPhone-like touch screen! From the posted videos and dpreview's preview it looks like it could make the camera easier and faster to navigate - and I'm all for that. Looks like I'll be upgrading : )

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
We need touchscreens, GPS and a web browser in our cameras now. And Facebook.

The funny part or unfunny part is we will probably have all this soon enough anyway.
Don't be ridiculous... we don't need Facebook. Do we? :rofl:

Cheers

Brian

benoly

Mu-43 Regular
However as a new E-P2 user I am thinking (what was all the Oly posters admiration for the Pen) its not till you use one you realize how attaching it is.
Boyzo, I'm coming from the other end as I started with E-P2. I really, really like it. I was a little nervous getting it as I was coming from FF Canon but was very surprised! Do you use the G1 much? Reason I ask is cuz G2 looks good to me and I seem to be buying Pany lenses. Here's my thinking: E-P2 for street with pancakes, adapted OM oly & range finder lenses. G2 would be for bigger zoom lenses and larger adapted. Don't really care about video so much. Do I gain much or just stick with the E-P2?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom