1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Couldn't resist: bought an EP3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by elandel, May 24, 2013.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Hi all,

Just bought a used EP3 body only in mint condition, with 2 spare batteries and Garitz leather half-case. I think I must be crazy because I have the E-pl5 and D700 and sometime in the future planning to buy the EP5.:eek:
    Whats goes on inside our head is a real mystery but I just couldn.t resist and at 280 euro, here in Italy it's a bargain price.:rolleyes:
    You know when you see something and you must have it because you already love it? Yes? That's what happened with this one - pure silver luxurious love at first sight.:tongue::cloud-9-039::blush::love::love:

Now the question. Is it still a capable camera?

2. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Way too strange...

I too own an E-PL5. I bought a mint E-P3 yesterday from a local guy. $190.00. I can't tell you why we engage in these types of purchases except that I love the jewel like feel of the E-P1/2/3 series. And just like you...I plan to buy the E-P5 soon.

Hmmmm...
    Dan

Ohhh...and mine is...you guessed it! Silver!

3. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Thanks for sharing:biggrin: At least I know I'm not alone...:wink:

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    That's a fantastic price for a great camera! You guys did not go wrong!

5. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Thanks

6. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Side note...

The early images from my E-P3 are looking quite nice. I know that I won't get the high ISO capability of my E-PL5. The DR isn't quite as good but, if I respect the kinds of things the E-P3 can do well, it looks very good. I really wish the E-PL5 had the horizon level that is in the E-P3 and will be in the E-P5. But...that is part of why we pay the premium for the E-P1/2/3 series.

And...when I mount the 12mm Olympus f2 on it...pretty good looking combo...Oh the craziness of doing what we do! :blush:
    Dan

7. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    :biggrin:I agree. Big, healthfull craziness:eek:

8. BobbyD

BobbyD Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2012
    Alabama
    I've just purchased a new EP-3. I to have a Canon DSLR and a canon compact. But there was something about the EP3 body I had to have one. I will also have an EP5 at some point.

9. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    We are becoming a croud:biggrin:

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The E-P5 is an excellent upgrade to the E-P3 but it will be several years until I can afford to buy one. The E-P3 is still an outstanding camera in its' own right. If folks can get good images from cell phones how much more can we get with a good quality camera - even if it's not the newest model. I love my E-P3!:biggrin:

11. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy

12. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Therapy??

I am willing to host a 12 step program for our group. We need professional help. Please bring your E-P3 cameras and a few lenses with you. If you don't have a custom strap like a "Gordy's" or your own favorite, get one. I'll have some wireless radio triggers ready and the lighting gear, back rounds etc. along with a model for a photo session.

Wives, girlfriends, husbands and boyfriends are welcome as long as they know how to tell a favorite story about their whacky other half...

Dan

13. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy

I think even the therapist will join us:biggrin:

14. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    I just made an impulse buy because I couldn't resist the price.I bought one of those Pany GX1 models new, for $199.I told myself I could use it as a second body for travel.When it came, I opened the box, looked at it and came to my senses.I'm sure it's a fine camera but I already have two extremely capable bodies and I can only shoot one at a time.I have shelved the OM-D while I use the X100s exclusively until I really know all the ins and outs of it.The only real urge I have now is for an X PRO 1, and I'm tamping that lust down because of cost.I'm sure you guys will use those cameras more than I would have,the EP3 is a beautiful rig.

15. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Welcome to the club.:biggrin:

16. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    E-p3

Yup. Got one today. New fresh out of box to go with the 45, 1.8.

[​IMG]

17. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Congrats.:drinks:

18. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    It's not just the E-P3 - I also own an E-P1, an E-PL2 and an E-PL3. Definitely need professional help! :biggrin:

19. migs

migs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2012
    RVA
    feel free to pm me first when you decide to sell that x100s. hehehe

20. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I'm in with your "E-P3 Users Support Group". I just invested in an RRS L-plate for my EP3 (bought from another member of this forum) which arrived today. I love it!