Couldn't resist: bought an EP3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by elandel, May 24, 2013.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Hi all,

Just bought a used EP3 body only in mint condition, with 2 spare batteries and Garitz leather half-case. I think I must be crazy because I have the E-pl5 and D700 and sometime in the future planning to buy the EP5.:eek:
    Whats goes on inside our head is a real mystery but I just couldn.t resist and at 280 euro, here in Italy it's a bargain price.:rolleyes:
    You know when you see something and you must have it because you already love it? Yes? That's what happened with this one - pure silver luxurious love at first sight.:tongue::cloud-9-039::blush::love::love:

Now the question. Is it still a capable camera?

2. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Way too strange...

I too own an E-PL5. I bought a mint E-P3 yesterday from a local guy. $190.00. I can't tell you why we engage in these types of purchases except that I love the jewel like feel of the E-P1/2/3 series. And just like you...I plan to buy the E-P5 soon.

Hmmmm...
    Dan

Ohhh...and mine is...you guessed it! Silver!

3. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Thanks for sharing:biggrin: At least I know I'm not alone...:wink:

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    That's a fantastic price for a great camera! You guys did not go wrong!

5. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Thanks

6. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Side note...

The early images from my E-P3 are looking quite nice. I know that I won't get the high ISO capability of my E-PL5. The DR isn't quite as good but, if I respect the kinds of things the E-P3 can do well, it looks very good. I really wish the E-PL5 had the horizon level that is in the E-P3 and will be in the E-P5. But...that is part of why we pay the premium for the E-P1/2/3 series.

And...when I mount the 12mm Olympus f2 on it...pretty good looking combo...Oh the craziness of doing what we do! :blush:
    Dan

7. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    :biggrin:I agree. Big, healthfull craziness:eek:

8. BobbyD

BobbyD Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2012
    Alabama
    I've just purchased a new EP-3. I to have a Canon DSLR and a canon compact. But there was something about the EP3 body I had to have one. I will also have an EP5 at some point.

9. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    We are becoming a croud:biggrin:

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The E-P5 is an excellent upgrade to the E-P3 but it will be several years until I can afford to buy one. The E-P3 is still an outstanding camera in its' own right. If folks can get good images from cell phones how much more can we get with a good quality camera - even if it's not the newest model. I love my E-P3!:biggrin:

11. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy

12. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Therapy??

I am willing to host a 12 step program for our group. We need professional help. Please bring your E-P3 cameras and a few lenses with you. If you don't have a custom strap like a "Gordy's" or your own favorite, get one. I'll have some wireless radio triggers ready and the lighting gear, back rounds etc. along with a model for a photo session.

Wives, girlfriends, husbands and boyfriends are welcome as long as they know how to tell a favorite story about their whacky other half...

Dan

13. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy

I think even the therapist will join us:biggrin:

14. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    I just made an impulse buy because I couldn't resist the price.I bought one of those Pany GX1 models new, for $199.I told myself I could use it as a second body for travel.When it came, I opened the box, looked at it and came to my senses.I'm sure it's a fine camera but I already have two extremely capable bodies and I can only shoot one at a time.I have shelved the OM-D while I use the X100s exclusively until I really know all the ins and outs of it.The only real urge I have now is for an X PRO 1, and I'm tamping that lust down because of cost.I'm sure you guys will use those cameras more than I would have,the EP3 is a beautiful rig.

15. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Welcome to the club.:biggrin:

16. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    E-p3

Yup. Got one today. New fresh out of box to go with the 45, 1.8.

[​IMG]

17. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Congrats.:drinks:

18. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    It's not just the E-P3 - I also own an E-P1, an E-PL2 and an E-PL3. Definitely need professional help! :biggrin:

19. migs

migs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2012
    RVA
    feel free to pm me first when you decide to sell that x100s. hehehe

20. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I'm in with your "E-P3 Users Support Group". I just invested in an RRS L-plate for my EP3 (bought from another member of this forum) which arrived today. I love it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.