Could Panasonic LX100 be a good video b-cam to my GH4?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Ramirez, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I just started to think about my companion camera to my GH4.
    As I'm moving forward to 4K/Ultra HD for my small media company, I need a 4K capable b-cam. Could the LX100 or maybe the FZ1000 be a good second video cam?

I'm doing a lot of hybridphotography; mixing a lot between stills and video, and many times just pure video.

As of this time I just got the GH4 with 4K capability and my Nikon D610 as second video cam (Full HD only b-cam) as I just traded in a lot for the GH4.

I'm not rushing in for a second 4K cam but I'm just wondering if one of these cams I mentioned could serve well as a 4K b-cam to the GH4?

Need some advise here as I've just started to explore these options.

2. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Well, its a good BTS camera for sure. Here is my first test with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I am happy to write that I just now ordered a Panasonic Lumix LX100 :) 
    I´ve read som much about it; I believe that it will be great companion and b-cam to my GH4.
    I am enjoying 4K so much now that I can´t go back to HD anymore.
    Even if I export to 1080p the editing in 4K gives so much legroom; cropping etc.
    Now I´ll have to 4K (UHD) capable cameras!

4. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I just received email that they sent it. In 3 days I have it here...

So you how already used LX100; what are your preferred settings for photography, video etc.?
    Please help me so the 3 days in waiting are bearable... tell me about your LX100!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.