Could my puter handle pse12?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by desmoface, Feb 16, 2014.

1. desmoface

desmoface Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Hello, I was hoping someone would comment on whether my laptop would be able to run photoshop elements 12? Here's what I have:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/403252/ProBook_Smart_Buy_4540s_Laptop_Computer

Intel Core i3-3110M Processor
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) with Windows 8 Professional License
    8GB DDR3-1333 SDRAM
    750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
    15.6" HD Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
    SuperMulti DVDRW Double Layer Drive
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    10/100/1000 Network
    1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN

The HP ProBook Smart Buy 4540s features an Intel Core i3-3110M Processor, 2.40 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM, and a 750 GB 7,200RPM 2.5-inch hard drive. This ProBook boasts a 15.6-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD anti-glare display and includes a 720p HD Webcam. This ProBook comes with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit installed and a Windows 8 Professional License.

Here are the requirements for pse 12, I'm questioning my hd4000 graphics card.

System requirements
    Windows

1.6GHz or faster processor (including single-core support)
    Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista® with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, or Windows 8 & 8.1 (Note: Limited Camera Raw functionality on Windows XP)
    1GB of RAM (2GB for HD video functions)
    4GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
    Color monitor with 16-bit color video card
    1024x768 display resolution
    Microsoft DirectX 9 compatible display driver
    DVD-ROM drive
    Internet connection required for product activation*

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Steve,

I'm running an Asus 54C (upgraded to 8 gig of RAM and a 1 TB 7200 rpm hard drive) and have no issues with Elements 12. I will concede that I don't "batch" photo corrections in the hundreds, as a wedding photog might do.

O.S. is Windows 8.1 Pro.

Video card is a budget Intel graphics, nothing special.

I have a PowerSpec desktop with an HDD boot drive and a 1 tb SATA 7200 rpm data drive, Win 8.1 pro and it does handle Elements 12 faster than my laptop - but the laptop is still acceptable.

You can download a trial version of Elements 12 and give it a go, no risk; even if you have a previous version of Elements installed they will run side-by-side (you'll want a separate catalog for the Elements 12, of course, so that any existing catalog won't be fouled during the testing period.

I think your laptop will do just fine (assuming you're not planning on batch processing large numbers of photos as in a professional environment).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jim

3. desmoface

desmoface Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Hi Jim, that helps a lot. Thanks for the advice.

Steve

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.