Could my puter handle pse12?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by desmoface, Feb 16, 2014.

1. desmoface

desmoface Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Hello, I was hoping someone would comment on whether my laptop would be able to run photoshop elements 12? Here's what I have:

Intel Core i3-3110M Processor
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) with Windows 8 Professional License
    8GB DDR3-1333 SDRAM
    750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
    15.6" HD Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
    SuperMulti DVDRW Double Layer Drive
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    10/100/1000 Network
    1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN

The HP ProBook Smart Buy 4540s features an Intel Core i3-3110M Processor, 2.40 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM, and a 750 GB 7,200RPM 2.5-inch hard drive. This ProBook boasts a 15.6-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD anti-glare display and includes a 720p HD Webcam. This ProBook comes with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit installed and a Windows 8 Professional License.

Here are the requirements for pse 12, I'm questioning my hd4000 graphics card.

System requirements

1.6GHz or faster processor (including single-core support)
    Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista® with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, or Windows 8 & 8.1 (Note: Limited Camera Raw functionality on Windows XP)
    1GB of RAM (2GB for HD video functions)
    4GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
    Color monitor with 16-bit color video card
    1024x768 display resolution
    Microsoft DirectX 9 compatible display driver
    DVD-ROM drive
    Internet connection required for product activation*

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

I'm running an Asus 54C (upgraded to 8 gig of RAM and a 1 TB 7200 rpm hard drive) and have no issues with Elements 12. I will concede that I don't "batch" photo corrections in the hundreds, as a wedding photog might do.

O.S. is Windows 8.1 Pro.

Video card is a budget Intel graphics, nothing special.

I have a PowerSpec desktop with an HDD boot drive and a 1 tb SATA 7200 rpm data drive, Win 8.1 pro and it does handle Elements 12 faster than my laptop - but the laptop is still acceptable.

You can download a trial version of Elements 12 and give it a go, no risk; even if you have a previous version of Elements installed they will run side-by-side (you'll want a separate catalog for the Elements 12, of course, so that any existing catalog won't be fouled during the testing period.

I think your laptop will do just fine (assuming you're not planning on batch processing large numbers of photos as in a professional environment).

Hope this helps.

3. desmoface

desmoface Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Hi Jim, that helps a lot. Thanks for the advice.