Cotton carrier vest review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Phoque, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Phoque

Phoque Mu-43 Regular

Sep 18, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Recently, I was looking for a better solution to transport my camera around. I'm into cross-country skiing and I was finding it very annoying to have to take off my back pack to take out my camera, so I wasn't taking many pictures.

Then I noticed the Cotton Carrier Vest and decided to give it a try (it was also on special, so it was a good time to buy).

I can say this product is ideal for me. I could adjust it to fit snugly and while I was skiing, it didn't incomodate me at all. The camera (OM-D E-M5) stayed firmly in place and didn't wave from one side to the other.

The camera is secured in place with a mechanism that requires you to twist the camera 90 degrees before pulling it up out of the attachment. There is really no risk for the camera to fall accidentally.

The only thing that bugs me is that the strap systems is not very quick to adjust. But it could be seen as a nitpick.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this product and would recommend it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Blotzphoto

Blotzphoto Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Lou Doench
    That sounds like an awesome rig for bike riding as well. How much did it run you?

3. Phoque

Phoque Mu-43 Regular

Sep 18, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    130 $CAN + taxes (146$)

4. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
  5. Phoque

Phoque Mu-43 Regular

Sep 18, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
  6. rich9cinti

rich9cinti Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Rich
    I never felt the need to use anything but the stock neck strap. I know very tourist looking but the EP3 with a pancake lens or say the 17mm 1.8, the camera felt very light and upright. Definitely a different story with the OM-D w/ 12-50mm lens. Due to the heavier and longer lens, compared to a pancake, makes the entire camera point down causing an awkward swing on the stock strap.

I own the Cotton Carrier Pro System with vest and holster and it works wonderful with with my 5DMkIII Gripped and 7D Gripped with L glass on them. A must in my opinion and truly gives you the ability to free both hands without swing of camera equipment if you were to use slings.

I'm gonna try the holster on my duty belt and try with the OM-D combo. I'm sure this will be a win for my travels to the Philippines this summer.

7. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Cool. I use the Peak Design plate on the Camelbak strap for the LX5 on the bike. This might let me take something a little bigger.

As an aside, I promise that I will not be buying this other product they make. I'm sure it is fine, but it reminds me why I left the DLSR world.

[​IMG]

8. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Looks like an Acme thing-a-ma-jig that Wile E. Coyote would purchase.

wile-e-coyote-supergenius1.