Cotswold Way

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by akulya, Mar 14, 2011.

1. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    I decided to take advantage of some beautifully clear springtime weather here in the UK, and go for a yomp over some hills. Taking a minimal amount of camping gear, the e-p1 & 20/1.7, Tea and chocolate, I walked a portion of the Cotswold Way from Cheltenham to Old Sodbury. About 70 miles. I would have liked to go further, but I was knackered.

For those not "in the know" the Cotswold Way is one of the UK's National Trails; they are signposted, usually well kept, public rights of way across the countryside. With the emphasis on an interesting route than a direct one.

Thw whole trail is about 100 miles from end to end, running along the Cotswold Escarpment between Chipping Campden and the City of Bath.

View attachment 159500

5526307636_9fb4764062_b.jpg

5526307658_63b8896407_b.jpg

5526307664_0e88454a60_b.jpg

5525783219_2b9373fb69_b.jpg

Any C&C, PP suggestions appreciated, thanks for looking.

• Like Like x 2
  2. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
  3. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Hi Kal....I enjoyed the B&W images very much.......until.......suddenly I saw them in colour....OMG are they ever gorgeous!! Thanks for posting.

4. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Cheers Bill,

Sometimes I don't know what to do with the pictures once they're on the screen, I think you're right - colour works better. I may have overcooked it though.

I think I need more eyes.

5. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    very nice Kal ... though I have to say I think the mono versions work beautifully, and particularly so the stubble field/tree/hedge one and the high-viewpoint landscape over the weald ... they show off the high-contrast qualities of the 20/1.7

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Very nice set! I've been to the Cotswolds once a long time ago - for about one day in a car that I was terrified to be in, being an American and used to the left hand-drive, right lane business. :cool: So I didn't enjoy them as much as I ought to have. Would love to go back and do some hiking and/or bicycle touring. I think you had a tough choice on these - they work very well in color and in B&W. Maybe decide on a case by case basis and mix and match? No reason they all have to be the same format...

-Ray

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.