1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Costco Eneloop batteries

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by JLGF1, Feb 11, 2018.

1. JLGF1

JLGF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2017
    Jerry
    Costco has a great deal now on a big pack of AA/AAA Eneloops & charger ($20).

Also includes the C/D adapters and a case.

These batts work well for flash units.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    DFW, TX
    I'm unable to find that. Do you have a link? Thanks!

3. JLGF1

JLGF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2017
    Jerry
    I stumbled across it in the local B&M store...don't know about online.

4. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    DFW, TX
    Oh. OK. I'll see if it's available at my local Costco then.

5. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    I wish Costco would just sell the batteries. The kit stuff is useless for me. I have a good Powerex charger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JLGF1

JLGF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2017
    Jerry
    The kit makes the most sense for first timers who need a decent charger.

Amazon Basic 2400ma AA are $19/8.

7. barry13

barry13 Mu-43.com Editor Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Last I looked, the kits at Costco are about the same price as batteries alone at Amazon.

8. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    [rant]I bought the Panasonic Eneloop black ones. A little more but higher capacity at the sacrifice of cycles. Don't buy cheap ones! They are more expensive. And a high quality charger is a good investment up front if you are moving to rechargeables. Kinda like a tripod. If you start with a cheap one you end up with a good one anyhow. Proper charging is the key to getting the advertised # of cycles out of expensive batteries. Otherwise just buy throw-aways. [/rant]

:biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Shaw

Shaw Mu-43 Rookie

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Apollo T.

Apollo T. Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 27, 2016
    Northern New Jersey
    I just checked...Ikea batteries are NOT availble online, in my area.

11. Mike Wingate

Mike Wingate Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 21, 2017
    Altrincham
    Mike Wingate
    IKEA Ladda batteries available in the U.K. For £5:99 for a pack of 4.

12. barry13

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    FYIs, Costco has a new Eneloop set with a new charger, which also provides a USB output for charging another device (it cannot take USB power IN afaict).
    I'm hoping they'll have it on sale before Christmas.

13. Apollo T.

Apollo T. Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 27, 2016
    Northern New Jersey
    2 points I came across not too long ago:
    A- Rechargeable batteries ship partially charged; it’s important to fully charge BEFORE using. I’m not sure why the batts don’t properly form otherwise.
    B- A Panasonic owner’s manual (G7 I think) said that “topping up” batteries too frequntly can cause swelling.

14. Apollo T.

Apollo T. Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 27, 2016
    Northern New Jersey
  15. barry13

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, Those notes only apply to Lithium Ion batteries; Eneloops and other modern rechargeable AA, AAA, C, or D batteries are NiMH (Older/cheaper brands may be NiCd) and have different behaviors.

16. Also note that Eneloops come fully (or near enough) charged (claimed to be by solar at the source factory). They are designed to be ready for use straight out of the pack thanks to their high retention capability. If you are ever tempted to by a pack of 1.2 V AAs or AAAs because you need batteries on the spot, just get Eneloops instead - it's way better value in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Ikea online shows $6.99 for 4 AA batteries and $12.99 for a charger so Costco may be better for a package deal. If you already have a charger and just need batteries, then the Ikea batteries are a very good deal.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.