Showcase Cosina Voigtlander 28mm f/1.9 ASPH Ultron

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
Just got this lens a a few days ago, I went on a School Field Trip and just to try it out...
I found it easy to focus, (when I used the EVF for that), very well build as all Voigtlander Lenses. And sharp to boot. Most of these where taken using a focus set at 5m and f/16 (DofMaster Web Site was used to recalculate the Hyper-Focal distance I needed to achieve a p/s from 2m to INF)
... I did also used the EVF for a few also. All Images had a run through Neat Image

I found the lens easy to handle, solid feel and build, Great focusing collar, Sharp, good contrast, good color

ISO 200
800LS-P1020525_filtered.tn.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ISO 200
800LS-P1020528_filtered.tn.jpg

ISO 320
800LS-P1020551_filtered.tn.jpg

ISO 320
800LS-P1020575_filtered.tn.jpg

ISO 320
800LS-P1020593_filtered.tn.jpg

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
thanks, Don, it feels like a real compliment to get that feedback ... I decided to give it a go on your recommendation too ... when I get a moment I'll post a picture of it on the E-P2 - it looks like it grew there!

One thing I find weird is, sometimes it feels so sharp I could use it as a sashimi knife (like image #1), other times it seems really smeary ... this may be more about me and my technique than it, of course.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Sure,
Wide open or even up to f2.8, there's not much room for focus error.
It is by any standard a remarkable lens.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
pdh - three interesting (good) images - for me the small B & W one really "does the job" - very nice

Cheers

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
thanks Bill, I think it's probably the image I'm most pleased with this year ... the Ultron seems to come into it's own in monochrome on my E-P2 ... I'd be fascinated to see what it produces in expert hands on really fine 35mm mono stock

Rhinetone

New to Mu-43
Hi guys,
Just thought I'd post a few pictures taken with the Ultron 28mm f1.9.
I was looking up this thread, but unfortunately can't see any of your previous examples.
I've only just started to use this lens on my E-M1 because I also have the Panasonic Leica 25mm 1.4, so haven't used this lens a lot, other than on my film Leica.

But I thought, why not give it a go? I realise that both pictures are probably not ideal for evaluating the performance of this lens, since both were taken in pretty low light conditions. But the pictures I've taken so far have certainly encouraged me to experiment some more. It would be nice to see other examples if any of you are still using this lens.

Kind regards

Andy
Ultron-1.jpg
Ultron-2.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom