1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by sLorenzi, Mar 26, 2011.

1. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    Hi all
    Recently I received a good offer to purchase this software from Corel Brazil. As I'm using just Silkypix and Raw Therapee to develop my raw files, I was consider buying a more powerful application to develop and adjust my G1 and FZ18 photos.
    Looking in the internet there are few posts about this software, so I would like to know if any of the members use it and if worth taking it.
    Thanks

2. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I have Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 on my computer which was bundled with their video program---which I use more often.
    I have used the X2 version for some basic manipulation but I haven't used it often enough to form an opinion. However, I think I'll be migratng to Lightroom since this seems to be better supported (more user info) via this site.
    Regards,
    Zoltan

• Like Like x 1
  3. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    I'm also using the X2 version, which I like very much !
    I do not know the differences between X2 and X3, sorry !
    But X2 works great !

C U,
    Rafael

• Like Like x 1
  4. sLorenzi

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    Thanks for your answers.

Do you use it for raw development? How does this software handle with raw files?
    I'm gonna download the trial version to test it, but normally it takes longer than the trial period to have a good overview on it.

5. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    sLorenzi,
    If you're interested in B&W here's what I received from Corel:
    Thank you for contacting Nik Software. All Nik Software products are compatible with Photoshop/Elements, Aperture 2.1 or above, and Lightroom 2.3 or above. The software will automatically install into all compatible host applications. However, you only need one of the listed host application to be able to use the software.

Currently all Nik Software products (Dfine 2*, HDR Efex Pro, Viveza 2, Color Efex Pro 3*, Silver Efex Pro 2, and Sharpener Pro 3*) are no longer compatible with Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo.

*Older versions of some of our products (**Dfine v2.106, Viveza v1.005, Color Efex Pro v3.108, Silver Efex Pro v1.006, and Sharpener Pro v3.004) should be compatible with Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 (12.00). Unfortunately we no longer support any of our products in the newer versions of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo, such as version X2 Ultimate (12.50) and X3 (13.00) or higher.

Something to consider!

Zoltan

• Like Like x 1
  6. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    AFAIK, Paintshop Pro Photo Xx does not support RAW files.
    I develop my RAW with Silkypix (included with the camera) and work up the jpg's in Paintshop Pro Photo X2

C U,
    Rafael

• Like Like x 1
  7. sLorenzi

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    Man, it is really a deal breaker. I was really thinking on purchase Silver Efex.
    Thanks for the info.:2thumbs:

8. sLorenzi

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    I asked them by e-mail and was told that both X2 and X3 can develop G1 raw files. But if you say so, I'm much less interested in it.
    Thanks for help.

9. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I use Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X3 for raw files from my Gf1 and it works fine. I tried trial versions of Lightroom, Elements, DxO and Bibble before settling on Corel. It just felt more "comfortable" to me, but then I've been using Corel products for many years, so that probably had more than just a little to do with it. I don't do a great deal of post processing, but it seems capable enough.