Corel Apps Black Friday Discounts...

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by tornado, Nov 28, 2012.

1. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    ...still on until Nov. 30th.
    I just got the PaintShopPro X5 Ultimate for $39 CDN with a $20 discount card on future buys.

Aftershot Pro also going for $39 CDN this week. I already have it & highly recommend it for blazing fast raw converting and file cataloging.

The is a test beta release available at :
    http://www.aftershotpro.com/testbuilds/
    Might have the new camera support you need....but my prod install already has OM-D EM-5 support.

• Like Like x 2
  2. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    David
    I upgraded to PaintShopPro X5 Ultimate and bought Aftershot Pro also. Both for $29.99. I may gift one of them for Christmas. Or not.

I have used PaintShopPro for years and have read a lot of good things about Aftershot Pro when it was Bibble. At least I think it was Bibble. CRS you know.

Thanks for the tip on the Corel sale.

David

3. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    How about gifting what you just bought...then using your $20 discount code to re-buy it for yourself!
    :2thumbs:

I used bibble since the early days and migrated to ASP some months back. It's got some issues and was beginning to wonder if Corel had abandoned it to the pile of mothballed apps they've acquired over the years (remember Word Perfect?).
    Been getting the itch to drop ASP and head to Lightroom...never liked Adobe stuff...way to complex interface for my brain to render. Reading a recent forum posting on PSP & watching a video summary on a user's blog, got me interested in checking it out. Once I found out it could do HDR, Focus effects (dioramas are my latest curiosity) and had Nik Efex filters, I was ready to buy it. Now I've played with it for an evening, I see it's really easy to understand and get results I want out of. The nicely written help system gives me hope they are planning something similar for ASP...maybe even think of integrating the two apps at least at some level. The RAW processing speed of ASP with the adjustment & editing of PSP...that would be a serious LR, PSE challenger.