Corel Aftershot Pro for free.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Oct 1, 2013.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    • Like Like x 15
  2. apdb90

apdb90 New to Mu-43

Nov 18, 2012
    I'm a bit concerned by the fact that it's asking me for my credit card info to verify it's an authorized use of my account.:eek:

That said, it seems to be something Amazon related (Amazon did that with several different direct download items when I went to "purchase" them.) The code above did work and I did get a licensed copy downloaded for free. I have a message in to Amazon about their less than ideal way of confirming the account, and will update with what they say, but there didn't appear to be a redirect of any sort, and it did it whether following the OP's link or going directly to Amazon.com and searching for the product.

• Like Like x 5
  3. mpg01

mpg01 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    I'd say that DL and install worked like a charm. I especially like the option to determine where to place the settings and work folders during the install.

Nice find, OP. Thanks.

4. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Shame the Linux version is not free. But I'll take a closer look now at the paid version anyway. Its only 69€. Thanks for the tip off.

5. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Unfortunately, US only.

6. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Thanks! Even though I have LR5, I downloaded it and will give it a try. It might be nice for my PC at work, since LR runs pretty slow on it.

7. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    ASP is a fine product (Bibble 5 as it was before the Corel acquisition). I'm only a LR user now because when I bought my E-PL5, ASP didn't support it and the general thought was that Corel were screwing it up so badly that it was a doomed product. However, Corel seem to be sorting out their act now and have a new product manager on board who is moving things forward.

It does things (e.g. layers) that LR doesn't support. It's faster than LR too.

8. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Hmm, item is no longer available...

9. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    And the good thing is, it's not evil Adobe and their maddening cloud.

10. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    Awesome find! Just downloaded a copy for my mac!

11. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

says, "Currently unavailable "
    :frown:

12. zane73

zane73 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2013
    Pilot Mnt, NC
    Patrick
    Just buy the Mac version to get the product key, then DL the software directly from Corel. I just purchased two keys this way.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Curtox

Curtox Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 11, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Ugh... This would be fantastic, but it says software downloads are US only. Don't suppose anybody who doesn't need it would like to download the key for a friendly Canadian? :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Mu-43 mobile app

14. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I would but I cant, it keeps telling me this message:
    "This item is currently unavailable."

15. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I just got it, but I notice that it's Mac platforms don't include 10.8, just 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7. I downloaded the dmg on this computer, but I'm going to load the software onto my other Mac just to make sure that if there is any conflict, it doesn't screw this (my primary) Mac.

16. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I tried getting the Mac version today, but it told me the code was not valid. So the promotion may have ended...

17. apdb90

apdb90 New to Mu-43

Nov 18, 2012
    I'm running 10.8, and haven't seen an issue so far.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mu-43 mobile app

18. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    I just got it, Mac version. Thanks for the tip, OP!

Madog - did you enter the code correctly? It just worked for me. It's a zero, not a letter O.

19. gearcrasher

gearcrasher New to Mu-43

Oct 25, 2012
    Raleigh North Carolina
    Still available for MAC but not PC. How can they sell out of a digital download?

20. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    They probably had a limited number of licences they could sell.