Cop Car

Alpha Whiskey Photography

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nothing especially original but a way to spend lockdown.

Inspired by the classic 80s cop shows like T.J. Hooker this is not quite the exact Dodge Monaco used on that series but as close as I could get, used on a previous job.

A guilty pleasure of car chases, illogical explosions and the rampant sexism native to all television of that era, shows like T.J. Hooker were an unashamed cheese-fest with a generous side of ham, shoving their message-of-the-week postcard politics through gullets already brimming with chips and soda. Reclined on the barcalounger we switched off our brains as 4-Adam-30 and 4-Adam-16 (always rolling back-up) pursued the latest 2-11 suspect after a silent alarm was tripped. The legendary William Shatner berated the perps with his characteristic staccato delivery after impressively hurling his increasing heft at bad guys, car bonnets and ring fences. But weekly shows with a limited budget and the commensurate perfunctory direction allowed for little creativity or imagination in capturing the action scenes.

My intention with these images is not merely a tribute but a slightly more vivid re-imagining of the vehicular carnage. The boxes were hand-made props left over from previous projects. My fishing line wasn't strong enough for these cars so I used floss :laugh:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg A.jpg C.jpg D.jpg F.jpg
MORE HERE

VIDEO HERE

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom