1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Cool article about OMD for sport shooting

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by asaulo1, Jun 4, 2012.

1. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Jordan posted a great thread here with many of the same photos - they really look terrific.

3. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks for the link! I had a great time out there. At some point I hope to get a media credential to shoot the actual tournament. Would be great fun!

• Like Like x 2
  4. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    I took my E-M5 with the mZD 40-150mm II R out to a recent Softball Tournament and found that it performed amazingly fast. I was standing at the first base line right at the fence.

I was very happy with the speed of focus from zooming out to a play outfield and then immediately zooming back to the play right in front of me at first base and the slowest part of the whole process was not the AF, but how quickly I could rotate the zoom.

I was shooting in S-AF because it really was fast enough to capture the moment as it was coming directly at me. I never did try C-AF, so I would be interested to know how that performs.

5. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Thanks the OP for posting the link, and...

Jordan, as always, your article is succinct and spot-on with your comments on the E-M5. I especially appreciate your tips on how you set up your shots, which are terrific, BTW... :thumbup:

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks for posting this, a great article that shows the advances and growing capability of the format that will only get better and better.

7. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer