1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Controlling or displaying ISO properties

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by burdickjp, Jul 22, 2013.

1. burdickjp

burdickjp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    I shoot with manual lenses with my E-P2. It tends to rock rather well in aperture priority, but at times I find it giving me shutter speeds which are a bit too slow for me to hold steady, especially when street shooting. I switch to Manual mode and find myself fumbling between ISO and shutter speed.

Then I found ISO Auto, and found it useful in a way. The problem is there is a large range of shutter speeds where it says EV 0 while adjusting ISO to make it so. I don't mind this, but I find myself cranking through shutter speeds until I'm at the slow shutter speed end and working my way toward the fast end, then finding a place in-between which I can hold steady. I'd like it to tell me what ISO it's thinking of using. I can then choose an appropriate shutter speed and not have to search back-and-forth.

OR

is there a button in manual mode which will make one wheel or the other ISO, so I can work that way?

2. burdickjp

burdickjp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    So fiddling with menus got me to a state where the directional pad does as it says. ISO can be selected by pushing UP on the directional pad. Rotating the wheel changes it. Not ideal, but better than before.

Now I just have to get used to using it.