continuous timer for hdr on epl 5

shayadave

Mu-43 Rookie
I keep finding out new things with my new camera.

I've been looking for a way to shoot exposure brackets using a timer. Just realized that you can set the timer to shoot continuous shots. And as long as you program the camera to bracketing mode, set the exposure value where you want it, then you have timer delay bracketing. Make sure to change how many shots you want the camera to take when you're in the continuous timer menu though. It took a while for me to figure that out.

This is good for when you are setup on a tripod and you want to ensure that you don't get camera shake. I like this better than pressing the shutter button in hdr mode because you ensure that your image is free and clear of any shake.

But don't get me wrong... I do use regular hdr mode for those moments when you don't have a tripod and want quick handheld hdr.

shayadave

Mu-43 Rookie
Oh, and I didn't know that you can get a shutter release. What is the name of it?

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
I keep finding out new things with my new camera.

I've been looking for a way to shoot exposure brackets using a timer. Just realized that you can set the timer to shoot continuous shots. And as long as you program the camera to bracketing mode, set the exposure value where you want it, then you have timer delay bracketing. Make sure to change how many shots you want the camera to take when you're in the continuous timer menu though. It took a while for me to figure that out.

This is good for when you are setup on a tripod and you want to ensure that you don't get camera shake. I like this better than pressing the shutter button in hdr mode because you ensure that your image is free and clear of any shake.

But don't get me wrong... I do use regular hdr mode for those moments when you don't have a tripod and want quick handheld hdr.

I just use a wireless remote, lol. When I'm shooting tripod HDR I put it on the camera when I start. I have cables for both the E-M5 and the G5.

Like you I do handheld HDR with auto-alignment in post. I love the challenge of that. One of the shots I did that way actually sold to a local botanical garden.

Do you use the ability of the E-PL5 to assign your timer/bracket setting to the mode dial? When I had an E-PL5 I used the "Scene" mode position on the dial for my HDR setup. Much quicker than even doing MySets through the menu.

Latest threads

Top Bottom