1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Contemplating selling oly 12mm 2.0

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by WT21, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I picked up an Oly 12mm earlier this week. I have a review of this under the native lenses forum. There is no doubt the IQ of this lens is superior to the 14mm, but now that I've decided to go with the EP3, I think I need the funds. But this 2.0 f-stop is hard to let go!

Any rate, I'm thinking of letting it go only to a local (meeting west of Boston) mu forum member for $750 cash. I paid $799 less 10% discount, add in Mass sales tax, then less $15 which is what it would cost me to return it to Oly, and that's where I got $750.

2. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Dang, that would be a tough choice if I had to choose between the E-P3 versus the 12mm ...

If it could only be one of the two (with a whole *day* of experience with both), now I'd probably choose the 12mm. That sucker is still just the coolest for manual focus and "landscape street photography" (catching landscapes at street-shoot speeds :biggrin: - or really, landscape and street photog), not bad at all for macros, and great for lower-light interiors with on-the-fly people catches because of the large field-of-view.

Although, the E-P3 is great for speed, and, I finally know what half of those menu items really do. Heh! And it really looks like I'll be able to use the programmable keys so that I don't have to "menu-dive" in the field to get what I need.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Sending it back to Oly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.