Contax G 28mm f/2.8 to m4/3

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by txomin, Apr 13, 2010.

1. txomin

txomin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    Bilbao, Spain
  2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i use the 45 and the 90 with the rj adapter and an extra gear mounted on the bottom of my camera case to speed up the turns of the tiny finger gear

i never owned the contax g 28 , ive heard of "smearing " at the edges of the sensor [m4\3] , but have seen no proof of this .

3. txomin

txomin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    Bilbao, Spain
    And works it fine?, Are good those lenses in a m4/3?
    Could you tell me where could I get the rf and the extra gear?

4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i added the gear myself by drilling the edge of my Olympus eveready case,in a specific position and then firmly attaching the case to the bottom of the ep1 with a tripod screw,
    the gear used came from the transmission of a broken minolta rangefinder used for parts .
    now there are more options for adapters of contax g mount, there is new one from

monza that look very well made ? and the RJ adapter from ebay [ i own the "small" gear version] is now available with a larger focus wheel , its second design

i consider the 45 and 90 mm contax g to be my two sharpest lenses, they are sharper than any nikon or voigtlander lens i own, or any other i have lens for that matter.
    i own no lenses that outperform them on my micro four thirds bodies they are great

there are at least 3 different adapters for the contax g to micro 4\3 mount ,all with different designs ....prices vary greatly , and Im not sure which will suit you the best ,
    look thru the forum here for links and on e bay and on the monza site and more info and take a look at them

my adapter is just ok , but not great , thats why i added the larger gear to speed up the focus , the tiny gear alone required many turns to go from infinity to closest focus , the added gear cut the number in half

• Like Like x 2
  5. txomin

txomin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    Bilbao, Spain
    Thanks a lot Cosinaphile for all the information.
    I think I'll get the Monza.

Txomin