Considering the GX7 (from EM10)

JohnN

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,

I've a fair few Oly lenses + a flash but I'm looking at the GX7 to improve video.

Is there anything (other than IBIS not being as good) should I know or worry about should I change? Such as lenses not working as well, or the flash not working at all.

Now a good time as over here in the UK for three days the cashback is going up to £100, taking it to £300 after cashback.

I could look at the GH3, but its a bit bigger than I'd want.

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi,

I've a fair few Oly lenses + a flash but I'm looking at the GX7 to improve video.

Is there anything (other than IBIS not being as good) should I know or worry about should I change? Such as lenses not working as well, or the flash not working at all.

Now a good time as over here in the UK for three days the cashback is going up to £100, taking it to £300 after cashback.

I could look at the GH3, but its a bit bigger than I'd want.
The one thing I would say is that unless you plan to shoot video using a tripod or some form of stabiliser you will also need to consider a stabilised lense. The Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 makes an excellent combo for shooting video with the GX-7.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom