Considering a PAD book...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Brian Mosley, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about doing a PAD book at some time in the future... while our PAD isn't as personal as this lady's project - I was just blown away by how creative she's been in her layout.

A really inspiring PAD book here.

I've done one book, with great success using Blurb for the Olympus Photo Safari Group - here's a link to the full book preview.

Just looking back at the quality of the Safari Group book makes me really happy to have so many friends who are gifted photographers around the world... the PAD is bringing me close to a few new friends here, and I think that in years to come I will feel just as strongly about this project. It's been fantastic so far :friends:

2. pointoneeight

pointoneeight Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Hello Brian, I've been thinking the same and have put together some mockups using book generator software. I was thinking of splitting the year into quarterly books so I didn't have to wait the full 12 months to get one printed :D

Its a great idea and will be something superb to look back on.
  3. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    I've just realised... it's a good idea to copy the PAD image and any sidecar files used for post processing into a separate folder ready for any future presentation - I'm on day 69 and it's going to be quite a job... wish I'd thought of this before!

4. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Brian, I enjoyed previewing your UK Photo safari Book. Some great work there! The other linked book is quite a project. I put together family books for some of my clients several times a year and have done several books on my own either as family gifts or from certain photo projects, they are fun to do.
  5. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks Lisa, I really think that Blurb have a fantastic service... I notice they have a new widget for showing your books :

<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="300" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><div style="display:block;"><a href="" target="_blank" style="margin:12px 3px;">Exhibition Book One by Brian Mosley and Safari Group</a> | <a href="" target="_blank" style="margin:12px 3px;">BOOK INFO</a></div>

I've asked them if they could become a publisher for the iPad - it would be fantastic to have Blurb books become available for distribution via the itunes bookstore.