1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Consecutive posts made within 24 hours of one another in Buy & Sell threads will be automatically co

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    In order to limit post bumping in Buy & Sell, consecutive posts made by a single poster in a single thread within 24 hours of one another in this forum will be automatically combined without bumping the thread.

• Like Like x 6
  2. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I need some advice about best practices here. I generally try to keep all the information in the first post, so I edit that post as necessary, and add a new post to bump the thread with the new information.

I got caught on the new policy this time, and my bump message became part of the newly-edited ad, which is still sitting at the bottom of the page. To avoid this, I guess I need to put new information in a new post, so the thread bumps to the top? Or, now that I think about it, maybe I should write my bump post first, and then when my thread is at the top I can edit the original post with the updated information.

Do you have a preference for what we do, Amin? Is there any reason you would want information distributed through the thread instead of consolidated in the top post?

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I have no preference.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app