connectiong a wide angle convertor

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by taotao7, May 17, 2011.

1. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
  2. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
  3. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    You are right, LOL. But I meant, what will be the effect of such convertor that does not design for DSLR?

4. icy_se7en

icy_se7en Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    Why not just buy a wide angle lens rather than a converter? lol

5. MegaPixelTravel

MegaPixelTravel Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Canada
    It's a good idea, but look towards eBay for a cheaper <$50 option because wow... Thats expensive.

6. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    Hi guys, i think i was misunderstood, I got this convertor from a friend. So I have it now, the question is can I connect it to the GH2 camera, and what will be the effect of it. It won't get me an anamorphic frame right?

7. MegaPixelTravel

MegaPixelTravel Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Canada
    It threads on to the front of a lens with a 58mm thread. If you don't have a lens with that matching thread diameter then you need to purchase a set-up or step-down ring (eBay) to match it.

What it does is widen the field of view of the lens to which it attached. It may cause some fisheye effect, however at $500 retail price I'm guess it's designed not to do that.

8. icy_se7en

icy_se7en Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    You should be able to put it onto a lens that has the right size thread, whats the size of the thread in mm if you know? Im not sure if you can get a reverse mount adapter that has different size threads each side like if you had a lens that has a 52mm thread and the wide angle converter has say a 49mm thread

9. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    :thumbup: thanks for the replay. If i have a 52mm and 46mm lenses, should i get, step up rings or step down?

I think i'll try to get a hold on some and try to attach it.

Avi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.