1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

connectiong a wide angle convertor

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by taotao7, May 17, 2011.

1. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
  2. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
  3. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    You are right, LOL. But I meant, what will be the effect of such convertor that does not design for DSLR?

4. icy_se7en

icy_se7en Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    Why not just buy a wide angle lens rather than a converter? lol

5. MegaPixelTravel

MegaPixelTravel Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Canada
    It's a good idea, but look towards eBay for a cheaper <$50 option because wow... Thats expensive.

6. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    Hi guys, i think i was misunderstood, I got this convertor from a friend. So I have it now, the question is can I connect it to the GH2 camera, and what will be the effect of it. It won't get me an anamorphic frame right?

7. MegaPixelTravel

MegaPixelTravel Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Canada
    It threads on to the front of a lens with a 58mm thread. If you don't have a lens with that matching thread diameter then you need to purchase a set-up or step-down ring (eBay) to match it.

What it does is widen the field of view of the lens to which it attached. It may cause some fisheye effect, however at $500 retail price I'm guess it's designed not to do that.

8. icy_se7en

icy_se7en Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    You should be able to put it onto a lens that has the right size thread, whats the size of the thread in mm if you know? Im not sure if you can get a reverse mount adapter that has different size threads each side like if you had a lens that has a 52mm thread and the wide angle converter has say a 49mm thread

9. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    :thumbup: thanks for the replay. If i have a 52mm and 46mm lenses, should i get, step up rings or step down?

I think i'll try to get a hold on some and try to attach it.

Avi