"Connection to Smartphone" is not highlighted on E-PL5 w/ Flashair

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Vossroad, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Vossroad

Vossroad Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 20, 2013
    League City, TX
    Demos Thanos
    I have been using the Flashair, 8GB, with my E-PL5 and everything had been working perfect until I imported my pics to my laptop. After downloading the pics I do NOT have the option "Connection to Smartphone" highlighted anymore when in the menu of the E-PL5. Has there been any discussion regarding this problem w/ the Flashair? I seem to think the Flashair is defective.
    Thoughts? Thanks
  2. jotace

jotace New to Mu-43

Nov 22, 2010
    I don't think your card is defective and I've been through the same problem when I first got my epl5 with flashair.

Into the flashcard there should be a file named "FA000001.jpg" in folder "100__TSB". If the file is missing, flashcard won't be able to activate.
    What happened to me is that when I imported my pics with bridge, I usually do it for all pictures in card, and I deleted all of them afterwards. So, "FA000001.jpg" was deleted and therefore flashcard screwed. You have to be careful and deselect this file whenever you import your pics.

You can fix your flashcard using toshiba configuration tools here

Un saludo :smile:
  3. Vossroad

Vossroad Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 20, 2013
    League City, TX
    Demos Thanos
    Jotace..............B I N G O!!!!!!

Thanks for the fix!
  4. Pri

Pri New to Mu-43

Dec 12, 2015
    Pri Sun
  5. MichaelSewell

MichaelSewell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    Hi Pri.

I've done a bit of digging around, and there seems little support regarding the Flashair, even on the Toshiba site.

However, I believe I may have found an answer for you:

FlashAir Developers - Support - Developer Forum

Let me know how you get on